UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Basel Open kicks off on Monday 23rd October. Alongside the Vienna Open, this will be one of two ATP 500 events running this week, and the last 500 level tournament of the year.
As it stands, there are two players left standing; and while one of these players will be on a quest to defend his Basel Open title, the other player is on the hunt for his second ATP title of the month. Which of these players will reign supreme when it’s all said and done?
Basel Open tips – Felix Auger-Aliassime to win outright @ 6/4 (2.50)
A good case can be made for Hubert Hurkacz. He won the Shanghai Masters title earlier this month, defeating players like Andrey Rublev and Sebastian Korda en route to the crown. The Polish player has enjoyed some fine form lately, with 10 wins in his last 11 singles matches.
It’s also worth mentioning that Hurkacz came out on top the last time these players met, at the Halle Open last year. However, that encounter was on grass, and Felix Auger-Aliassime currently leads the head-to-head between these players with two wins from three. The only other time these players met on hard court, Auger-Aliassime reigned supreme in straight sets.
On top of that, Auger-Aliassime is the defending champion of this event; he’s coming off an impressive straight sets victory over Holger Rune, and has surrendered just one set en route to the final. While we are confident that this will be a tightly-contested fixture, we are leaning towards Felix Auger-Aliassime for the victory.
Frequently asked questions about the Basel Open
- Who won the Basel Open title last year? Felix Auger-Aliassime is the defending champion of this tournament.
- Who is the pre-tournament favourite to win this year’s edition of the Basel Open? Sebastian Korda is favoured over every other player in this tournament.
- Is it possible to watch the Basel Open live on TV? Of course. You can catch all the action live on Amazon Prime if you reside in the United Kingdom.
- How many seeded players are there at the Basel Open? There are eight seeded players at this competition.
- What will the winner of the Basel Open get? Whoever wins this year’s event will get €410,660, as well as 500 ATP ranking points.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!