Frances Tiafoe vs Jannik Sinner prediction and odds: Vienna Open 2023

Frances Tiafoe vs Jannik Sinner prediction and odds: Vienna Open 2023
Photo: Danielle Parhizkaran-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA - Photo by Icon sport

In the last quarterfinal of the day at the Vienna Open, Frances Tiafoe will take on Jannik Sinner. Each of their previous matches saw both players winning a set, so we expect nothing less this time around. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Frances Tiafoe vs Jannik Sinner predictions

Jannik Sinner won three titles this season and is one of the favourites to go all the way in Vienna as well.

Frances Tiafoe +3.5 @ 17/20 (1.85)

Sinner had no trouble reaching the quarterfinals proving that he is a top 5 player for a reason. Tiafoe had his usual ups and downs, which he would not be allowed to do if he wants to stand a chance against the Italian. Sinner is the better overall player but Tiafoe is a big fighter and that attitude will give him a shot in this match. Tiafoe won at least a set in all the previous matches against Sinner, and even if he fails to do so this time, he will be close enough to cover the +3.5 games spread.

First set over 9.5 games @ 4/5 (1.80)

Both players have solid serves and give the stakes in this match, they will have to rely on that from the beginning of the match. Sinner will put the pressure on his opponent early on, but Tiafoe is experienced enough to respond. We may see a couple of breaks in the opening set but it will most likely go over 9.5 games in total.

Frances Tiafoe vs Jannik Sinner odds

According to the odds, Sinner is the favourite to win the game, with a 78% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Dimitrov 22% chance to win the match.

Who is the next opponent for the winner of this match?

The winner of this match will play against Alexander Zverev or Andrey Rublev in the semifinals.

Frances Tiafoe

Frances Tiafoe is currently 14th in the ATP rankings and his career high is No. 10. The American is 40-22 for the season and 21-11 on had surface.

He is coming off a 5-7, 6-1, 6-4 win over Gael Monfils in the round of 16 in Vienna. In the opening round, Tiafoe moved on after Daniel Evans retired in the first set with a 4-1 lead.

Previously, Tiafoe lost the opening round matches in Tokyo and Shanghai.

He won two titles so far in the season in Houston and Stuttgart. Back in 2021, he reached the final in Vienna where he lost to Alexander Zverev.

Jannik Sinner

Jannis Sinner is having his best career rankings, being No. 4 in the world. The Italian is 53-14 for the season and 28-7 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 6-2, 6-4 win over Lorenzo Sonego in the round of 16 matches. Previously, he defeated Ben Shelton 7-6, 7-5.

Sinner won three titles so far in the season, in Beijing, Toronto and Montpellier.

Tiafoe vs Sinner head to head

Sinner leads 2-1 in the previous head to head matches against Tiafoe. The American won the last match 3-6, 7-5, 6-2 in the semifinal in Vienna in 2021. Sinner won 3-4, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2 at the NextGen Tournament in 2019. The same year, the Italian won 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 in the quarterfinals in Antwerp.

Frances Tiafoe vs Jannik Sinner
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center court
  • Date & time: Friday, 27th of October, 19:00 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!