Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Marton Fucsovics prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023

Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Marton Fucsovics prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Both players expected much more of this season and will be under pressure at the Shanghai Masters tournament. Auger-Aliassime is the favourite given the odds, but the way he has been playing this year, anything is possible in the match against Fucsovics. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Marton Fucsovics predictions

Auger-Aliassime had a slight downfall this season, and he really needs to win this match. Knowing how big of a competitor Fucsovics is, that will not be easy at all.

Marton Fucsovics +2.5 @ 17/20 (1.85)

Auger-Aliassime lost 3 of the last 4 matches, and his confidence is not on the desired level going to Shanghai. This will be his first match in the tournament, while Fucsovics had a chance to feel the court two days ago. There is no doubt that the Canadian has been more successful on the tour, but with the ups and downs he had all season long, Fucsovics has a standing chance in this match. The Hungarian is a big fighter and can hold his serve for a long time, which will eventually put him in a situation to cover the +2.5 games spread.

First set over 10.5 games @ 6/5 (2.50)

The stakes are high for both players in this match which will get the best out of them. The are both very fast and are ready to fight for every point and all that in combination with the solid serves they have, will take the opening set over 10.5 games in total.

Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Marton Fucsovics odds

According to the odds, Auger-Aliassime is the favourite to win the game, with a 64.5% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Fucsovics 35.5% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Can Felix Auger-Aliassime save the season?

The Canadian reached the sixth place in the standings last year winning four titles and came into this season with high expectations. Nine months into 2023, he has yet to win a title and has significantly fallen in the rankings. If he wants to get out of the crisis, Shanghai is the place to do so.

Felix Auger-Aliassime

Auger-Aliassime is currently 15th in the rankings, nine spots lower than his career high. The Canadian is 16-17 for the season and 11-11 on hard surface.

Last week in Beijing, he lost in the opening round to Holger Rune 6-4, 6-4.

His best results this season was the semifinal in Doha where he lost to Daniil Medvedev.

Marton Fucsovics

Fucsovics is 57th in the rankings while his career high is No. 31. The Hungarian is 30-21 for the season and 16-10 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 6-4, 6-2 win over Denis Yevseyev in the first round.

Fucsovics won one title this year in Canberra at the beginning of the season.

Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Marton Fucsovics head to head

Auger-Aliassime leads the head to head against Fucsovics 2-1. The last time they met was in the opening round in Cincinnati in 2021, where the Canadian won 7-6, 6-3. Auger-Aliassime won the previous match as well, 6-4, 4-6, 6-0 in the second round in Miami in 2019. The only win for Fucsovics came in the first round in Vienna in 2018, where the Hungarian won 1-6, 6-0, 7-5.

Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Marton Fucsovics

Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center Court
  • Date & time: Friday, 5th of October, 07:00 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!