Fabian Marozsan vs Hubert Hurkacz prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023

Fabian Marozsan vs Hubert Hurkacz
Photo by Icon sport

Fabian Marozsan has reached the first Masters quarterfinal in his young career and will have a real chance to go even deeper against Hubert Hurkacz at the Shanghai Masters tournament. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Fabian Marozsan vs Hubert Hurkacz predictions

Both players lost only one set on their way to the Shanghai Masters quarterfinal which speaks enough of their current form.

Hubert Hurkacz -2.5 @ 17/20 (1.85)

Hurakcz is pushing strong for a return among the top 10 players on the tour and this match may launch him much closer to his goal. He had a pretty easy draw up to this point and thigs are looking promising as he will face a player that has never played this late in a Masters tournament. Hubert is the more experienced player and has a style of play that fits perfectly to the surface in Shanghai. Marozsan made us all aware of his talent but will not be able to go any further than this match.

First set over 9.5 games @ 1/2 (1.50)

Both players have excellent serve and it will take a while before any of them makes a break. With the stakes so high, the start of the match will bring fast games in favor of the servers and it will easily go over 9.5 games in tota.

Fabian Marozsan vs Hubert Hurkacz odds

According to the odds, Hurkacz is the favourite to win the game, with a 69% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Marozsan 31% chance to win the match.

Who is the next opponent for the winner of this match?

The winner of this match will advance to the semifinals where will face the winner of the match between Sebastian Korda and Ben Shelton.

Fabian Marozsan

Marozsan is currently 91st in the ATP rankings, nine spots lower that his career high. The Hungarian is 46-24 for the season and 7-4 on hard surface.

The 24-year-old has a great week in Shanghai. He started with a 7-6, 6-2 win over Arthur Rindernech in the opening round. He went on to defeat the highest-ranked Australian player, Alex de Minaur in the second round, 7-5, 6-3. Dusan Lajovic was his next opponent in the third round, and the Hungarian won 6-3, 6-3. Marozsan reached his second top 10 in the round of 16, defeating Casper Ruud 7-6, 3-6, 6-4.

Still, the highlight of his season is the win against Carlos Alcaraz in the third round in Rome.

Marozsan won two challengers this season in Perugia and Antalya.

Hubert Hurkacz

Hurkacz is currently ranked 17th in the world and his career high is No.9. The Polish is 37-20 for the season and 19-10 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 7-6, 4-6, 7-6 win over Zhizhen Zhang in the round of 16 match. Previously, Hurkacz defeated Yu Hsiou Hsu 6-4, 6-4 and Thanasi Kokkinakis 7-6, 6-4.

Hurkacz won the title in Marseille this season defeating Benjamin Bonzi in the final. He also reached the semifinals in Stuttgart and Cincinnati.

Marozsan vs Hurkacz head to head

This will be the first match between Fabian Marozsan and Hubert Hurkacz.

Fabian Marozsan vs Hubert Hurkacz
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center court
  • Date & time: Thursday, 12th of October, 11:30 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!