UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Emil Ruusuvuori and Jannik Sinner lock horns for a place in the semi-final of the Miami Open. The duo have decimated their rivals’ hopes to forge their path this far and have their fates in their own hands now.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Emil Ruusuvuori vs Jannik Sinner – Match Predictions
2-0 to Jannik Sinner
Emil Ruusuvuori has given a good account of his abilities but it seems that his luck has finally run out. He faces a top-ranked contender in Jannik Sinner, one who has the skill set to end his adventures in Miami Open. Sinner showcased his class against Andrey Rublev, winning in straight sets. A similar outcome is expected in this duel, one where the Italian also has the bookmakers’ confidence to get a spot in the semi-finals.
Under 21.5 Games
This is the sixth meeting between Ruusuvuori and Sinner and on all but one occasion has the match been dragged on. Four of these encounters were finished in two sets and with Under 21.5 games. With Sinner not breaking into a sweat against higher-ranked Rubelev, we expect him to ease to victory within 21 games.
Emil Ruusuvuori vs Jannik Sinner Preview
Our predictions for this match have now been established, let’s see how these players have fared so far in Miami Open.
The Finn has impressed in the first leg of competitions in the USA. He made it to the first three rounds of Indian Wells and was only knocked out by Alexander Zverev. He followed suit in Philadelphia, where fellow quarter-finalist Quentin Halys ended his run. In Miami, he has improved on his showings thanks to a luck of the draw and strong performances on the court.
Carlos Alcaraz stood in Jannik Sinner’s path in Indian Wells, knocking him out of the competition in the semi-finals. It seems they are destined for another meeting in the second leg of the Sunset Double. The Italian has been on an absolute tare in Miami, winning in straight sets against anyone who has dared to step in his path.
Emil Ruusuvuori vs Jannik Sinner Head to Head
This is the sixth competitive duel between Emil Ruusuvuori and Jannik Sinner on the ATP circuit.
- 13/04/22 Jannik Sinner won 2-0 (Monte Carlo, Clay)
- 25/03/22 Jannik Sinner won 2-1 (Miami Open, Hard)
- 04/08/21 Jannik Sinner won 2-0 (Washinton Open, Hard)
- 30/03/21 Jannik Sinner won 2-0 (Miami Open, Hard)
- 07/01/20 Emil Ruusuvuori won 2-0 (Canberra Challenger, Hard)
Emil Ruusuvuori vs Jannik Sinner Match Details
- When will this match start? This match starts not before 20:00 GMT on Wednesday, 29th March.
- On which surface will this match be played? This match will be played on an outdoor hard court.
- Where can I watch Miami Open 2023 in the UK? This match will be available on Amazon Prime for fans in the United Kingdom