Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Cori Gauff prediction and odds: China Open 2023

Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Cori Gauff prediction and odds: China Open 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Cori Gauff is coming to the China Open after 12 consecutive wins. Alexandrova has proved to be a tough opponent for her and we will see if the Russian can pull off a stunner on Monday. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Cori Gauff predictions

Gauff is the best player at the moment but Alexandrova is one of only a few to have won a set against her to zero.

Cori Gauff 2-0 @ 17/20 (1.85)

It’s been more than a month since Gauff lost her last match. She is coming to Beijing after winning her first ever Grand Slam title and she will prove her class at the China Open as well. Alexandrova has defeated her earlier this year, but given the surface and the recent form, Gauff will dominate this match and win in straight sets.

First set over 9.5 games @ 5/4 (2.25)

Cori Gauff seems unstoppable at the moment but Ekaterina Alexandrova knows how to challenge her. The Russian has put her to the test twice before and she will not go down without a fight this time either. There is no doubt that Gauff is the better one but the opener will bring some drama and go over 9.5 games.

Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Cori Gauff odds

According to the odds, Gauff is the favourite to win the game, with an 80% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Alexandrova 20% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Can Gauff win three in a row?

Gauff has won the last two tournaments she played at, and those are no other than the Masters in Cincinnati and the US Open. The competition is not as tough in Beijing, so there is no reason why the American can’t win three in a row.

Ekaterina Alexandrova

Alexandrova is 21st in the rankings, five places lower than her career high. The 28-year-old is 32-19 for the season and 16-11 on hard surface.

Last week, she reached the quarterfinals in Tokyo where she lost 6-2, 7-5 to Anastasia Pavlychenkova.

Alexandrova won one title this year lifting the trophy in Hertogenbosch after defeating Veronica Kudermetova in the final.

Cori Gauff

Gauff reached the third place in the rankings, the highest she has been in her young career. The American is 45-13 for the season and 33-6 on hard surface.

This will be her first match after the US Open final where she defeated Aryna Sabalenka. Previously, Gauff won the titles in Cincinnati, Washington and Auckland.

Alexandrova vs Gauff head to head

Both players won one of the previous head to head matches. Alexandrova won 6-4, 6-0 in the round of 16 in Berlin earlier this year while Gauff was the better one in the first round in Dubai in 2021, winning 7-6, 2-6, 7-6.

Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Cori Gauff
Photo: Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!