UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
All eyes will be on Wimbledon’s Center Court as Ekaterina Alexandrova and Aryna Sabalenka go toe-to-toe with each other on Monday. Which of these players will advance to the quarter-final of the Wimbledon Championships?
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Aryna Sabalenka – Match Predictions
- 1 Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Aryna Sabalenka – Match Predictions
- 2 Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Aryna Sabalenka Preview
- 3 Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Aryna Sabalenka Match Details
As both players set their sights on a quarter-final spot, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Ekaterina Alexandrova to Win a Set
Aryna Sabalenka is the clear favourite to win this match for obvious reasons. The Belarusian has been one of the top performers on the WTA Tour over the past year; she has reached the most finals, and won the most titles in 2023 (both tied with Iga Swiatek). However, it’s important to point out that Sabalenka lost her last two encounters with Ekaterina Alexandrova; as a matter of fact, these players met on grass last year, and Alexandrova prevailed in straight sets. Keeping in mind that Ekaterina Alexandrova currently leads the head-to-head between these players, we believe she’ll take at least one set from this match.
Less Than 23 Total Games
It’s fair to note that these players previously clashed on five occasions, and all five encounters ended in straight sets. Most importantly, all of those skirmishes featured 20 games or less, with four of them going under 19.5 games. Furthermore, five of Alexandrova’s last six matches went below the 22.5 games line, four of Sabalenka’s last five matches too. All things considered, we are taking the under option for this match.
Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Aryna Sabalenka Preview
We’ve established our Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Aryna Sabalenka predictions, let’s see how these players fared in this competition so far.
After losing in the Berlin Open semi-final, Ekaterina Alexandrova has put up some solid results over the past week, defeating Dalma Galfi, Madison Brengle and Emma Navarro en route to the round of 16. The Russian player will have a tough task ahead of her, as she faces Aryna Sabalenka. It’ll be interesting to see how Alexandrova will match-up against the current World number 2.
On the other hand, Aryna Sabalenka faced Panna Udvardy, Varvara Gracheva and Anna Blinkova in the first three rounds; she didn’t have too much trouble knocking out these players. Interestingly, Sabalenka will take on Alexandrova, a player she couldn’t beat in their last two clashes. She’ll hope to level the head-to-head record between these players by winning this match.
Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Aryna Sabalenka Head to Head
Ekaterina Alexandrova has faced Aryna Sabalenka five times, and she leads the head-to-head with three wins. It’s important to note that Alexandrova won the last two skirmishes between these players, she also won their only encounter on grass.
- 12/06/22 Alexandrova won 2-0 (Rosmalen Open, Grass)
- 22/10/21 Alexandrova won 2-0 (Moscow Open, Indoor Hard)
- 10/02/19 Sabalenka won 2-0 (St Petersburg Open, Outdoor Hard)
- 02/01/19 Sabalenka won 2-0 (Shenzhen Open, Outdoor Hard)
- 19/03/17 Alexandrova won 2-0 (ITF China, Outdoor Hard)
Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Aryna Sabalenka Match Details
- When will this match start? The Alexandrova vs Sabalenka match is scheduled for Monday 10th July.
- On which court will this match be played? Wimbledon’s Center Court will host these players.
- Who do the bookies favour ahead of this match? Second seeded Aryna Sabalenka is favoured over Ekaterina Alexandrova
- Where can I watch Wimbledon 2023 in the UK? This match will be available on BBC and Eurosport UK for fans in the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!