Diego Schwartzman vs Taylor Fritz prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023

Diego Schwartzman vs Taylor Fritz
Photo: Yannick Peterhans-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA - Photo by Icon sport

Both Schwartzman and Fritz needed three sets in their previous matches to get to the round of 16 at the Shanghai Masters tournament. The Argentinian has a better head to head record, but the highest-ranked American is in much better shape. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Diego Schwartzman vs Taylor Fritz predictions

It’s been a while since these two players faced each other for the last time, and things have dramatically changed since then.

Taylor Fritz 2-0 @ 11/20 (1.55)

Fritz has been among the top 10 players for a while now, a ranking that is just a memory for Schwartzman. The surface in Shanghai is a perfect fir for the American and something that Schwartzman does not enjoy playing in. Fritz will be able to fully take advantage of his strong serve in this match and Schwartzman won’t be capable of winning a set.

Under 20.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

The previous three matches between these two players ended in straight sets and that will be the scenario in this one as well. Fritz will take control of the match early on and make early breaks in both sets to close things out in under 20.5 games in total.

Diego Schwartzman vs Taylor Fritz odds

According to the odds, Fritz is the favourite to win the game, with a 87% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Schwartzman 13% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Can Schwartzman get back into the top 100?

Not that long ago, Schwartzman found his place among the top 10 players in the ATP rankings and today he is not even among the top 100. The Argentinian had a major fall in his career and he was not able to return where he belonged. However, there are still many tournaments this season and Schwartzman can at least get back among the top 100.

Diego Schwartzman

Schwartzman is currently 130th in the rankings and his career high was No. 8 in the world. The Argentinian is 14-26 for the season and 8-11 on hard surface.

In the previous round, he defeated Jiri Lehecka in three sets just like he beat Luca Van Assche in the opening round.

Schwartzman’s best result this season was the third round at the French Open.

Taylor Fritz

Fritz is currently 8th in the rankings, three spots lower than his career high. The American is 52-20 for the season and 35-9 on hard surface.

In the previous round in Shanghai, Fritz defeated Yosuke Watanuki 7-6, 6-7, 6-4.

Fritz won two titles this season in Atlanta and Delray Beach.

Schwartzman vs Fritz head to head

Schwartzman leads 2-1 in the head to head matches against Fritz. The last time they played was in the final in Los Cabos in 2019, where Schwartzman won 7-6, 6-3. Earlier that year, they met in the second round in Monte Carlo where Fritz won 6-4, 6-2. Schwartzman won their first match ever, 6-4, 6-4 in the round of 16 at the 2016 ATP Antwerp.

Diego Schwartzman vs Taylor Fritz
Photo: Yannick Peterhans-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!