Daniil Medvedev vs Stefanos Tsitsipas prediction and odds: Vienna Open 2023

Daniil Medvedev vs Stefanos Tsitsipas prediction and odds: Vienna Open 2023
Photo by Icon Sport

Daniil Medvedev and Stefanos Tsitsipas will face off in the semifinal at the Vienna Open. The Russian has a much better season but Tsitsipas has beaten him many times before. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Frances Tiafoe vs Jannik Sinner predictions

Given the odds, Daniil Medvedev is a major favourite in the semifinal match against Stefanos Tsitsipas. Both players had a difficult road to this stage this is a huge opportunity for them.

Daniil Medvedev 2-0 @ 2/1 (2.00)

Medvedev won 5 titles this season compared to only one won by Tsitsipas. That is the best way to describe their season even though they are pretty close in the rankings. This is the third semifinal in Vienna for Medvedev who won the title in 2020 which also gives him an advantage. Tsitsipas had many ups and downs this season and lost many matches being a major favourite. He is still not on top of his game and Medvedev would know how to take advantage of that and win the match in straight sets.

First set over 22.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

These two players know each other very well as this will be their 13th match against each other. Both of them have won previously on big events like this one but the fact that stands out is that in 9 of their 12 previous matches, both players won at least a set. That may not be the case in this one since Medvedev is in much better shape and his confidence is on another level compared to Tsitsipas but the Greek player will stay close enough to take the match over 22.5 games in total.

Daniil Medvedev vs Stefanos Tsitsipas odds

According to the odds, Medvedev is the favourite to win the game, with a 74% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Tsitsipas 26% chance to win the match.

Who is the next opponent for the winner of this match?

The winner of this match will play against Andrey Rublev or Jannik Sinner in the finals.

Daniil Medvedev

Medvedev is currently third in the ATP rankings. He is 63-14 for the season and 38-8 on hard surface.

The former world No. 1 is coming off a 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 win over Karen Khachanov in the quarterfinals.

The 2020 Vienna Open winner won 5 titles so far in the season, in Roma, Miami, Doha, Dubai and Rotterdam.

Stefanos Tsitsipas

Tsitsipas is 7th in the rankings and his career high was No. 3. The Greek is 49-21 for the season and 18-8 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 7-6, 7-5 win over Borna Gojo in the semifinals.

Tsitsipas best result this season was the title in Los Cabos.

Medvedev vs Tsitsipas head to head

Medvedev leads 8-4 against Tsitsipas in their previous head to head matches. They met once this season and Medvedev won 7-5, 7-5 in the semifinals in Rome. Last season, The Greek player won two of the three matches. In the Masters Cup, Tsitsipas won 6-3, 6-7, 7-6 and in the semifinal in Cincinnati where the score was 7-6, 3-6, 6-3. Medvedev won in the semifinals of the Australian Open 7-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-1.

Daniil Medvedev vs Stefanos Tsitsipas
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center court
  • Date & time: Saturday, 28th of October, 13:00 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!