Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov prediction and odds: Vienna Open 2023

Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov prediction and odds: Vienna Open 2023
Photo by Icon sport

The 2022 Vienna Open champion, Daniil Medvedev will face Grigor Dimitrov in the second round of this year’s tournament in the Austrian capital. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov predictions

Medvedev has won 5 titles this year and is the main favourite to win another one at the Vienna Open.

Daniil Medvedev -3.5 @ 17/20 (1.85)

Medvedev and Dimitrov know each other very well since this will be their eighth match against each other. The Russian has a better head to head record, and more importantly, he won the last two matches in straight sets and the Bulgarian did not win more than 4 games in a set. This speaks enough of Medvedev’s dominance over Dimitrov and he will prove that once again by covering the -3.5 games spread.

First set over 9.5 games @ 3/5 (1.60)

After a while, Grigor Dimitrov is having a solid season and he is much more competitive than he was before, Despite being a major underdog in this match, the Bulgarian will manage to hold tight and take the opening set over 9.5 games in total.

Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov odds

According to the odds, Medvedev is the favourite to win the game, with a 75% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Dimitrov 25% chance to win the match.

Who is the next opponent for the winner of this match?

The winner of this match will play against Karen Khachanov in the third round.

Daniil Medvedev

Medvedev is currently third in the ATP rankings. The former world No. 1 is 61-14 for the season and 38-8 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 6-4, 6-2 win in the first round against Arthur Fils.

Medvedev won five titles this season in Rome, Miami, Dubai, Doha and Rotterdam.

Grigor Dimitrov

Dimitrov is currently 17th in the ATP rankings and his career high was No. 3 in the world. The Bulgarian is 39-19 for the season and 17-10 on hard surface.

In the opening round in Vienna, Dimitrov defeated Lorenzo Musetti 6-3, 6-4.

His best result this season was the final in Geneve where he lost to Nicolas Jarry. Dimitrov also made the semifinals in Shanghai, Chengdu, Washington and Rotterdam where he lost to Medvedev.

Medvedev vs Dimitrov head to head

Medvedev leads 5-2 in the previous matches against Dimitrov. Their last match was at the semifinals in Rotterdam earlier this year with the Russian winning 6-2, 6-1. He also won last year in the semifinal in Vienna, 6-4, 6-2. Dimitrov’s last win against Medvedev came in the round of 16 at the 2021 Indian Wells, where he won 4-6, 6-4, 6-3.

Medvedev won the previous three matches in straight sets. In the round of 16 at the 2021 Cincinnati Open, the score was 6-3, 6-3 in the semifinals of the 2019 US Open, the Russian won 7-6, 6-4, 6-3 and in the round of 16 at the 2017 Washington Open, the score was 6-4, 6-2. Dimitrov won the first ever match against Medvedev, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 in the quarterfinals of the 2017 Queen’s Club Championship.

Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center court
  • Date & time: Thursday, 26th of October, 17:00 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!