Carlos Alcaraz vs Jannik Sinner prediction and odds: China Open 2023

Carlos Alcaraz vs Jannik Sinner prediction and odds: China Open 2023
Photo by Icon sport

The semifinal of the China Open will bring us a clash between two Top 10 players. Carlos Alcaraz looks like a major favourite but Sinner has defeated him on multiple occasions. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Carlos Alcaraz vs Jannik Sinner predictions

Jannik Sinner has had many ups and downs this season, but he is among the toughest opponents for Alcaraz.

Carlos Alcaraz 2-0 @ 17/20 (1.85)

Alcaraz has not won any of the last three tournaments he played at, and he will bite until the end in Beijing. Sinner has proved that he can beat the Spaniard, but this time that will not be possible. Alcaraz is playing well all week long, but it seems like he saves his best tennis for the later stage of the China Open. Sinner may hold to his serve for a while, but Alcaraz will be the one to place the final punch and win in straight sets.

First set over 9.5 games @ 7/10 (1.70)

Sinner won the opening set in 6 of his last 7 matches meaning that he plays his best tennis early in the match. Alcaraz also tries to take control early on which guarantees a tight opening of the match. Alcaraz is the better overall player but Sinner has the serve that will keep him long in the first set.

Carlos Alcaraz vs Jannik Sinner odds

According to the odds, Alcaraz is the favourite to win the game, with an 77% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Sinner 23% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Is Sinner a real threat for Alcaraz?

There is no player that can be a favourite against Alcaraz but there are few that have legit chance against them. Sinner won their last match prvoeing that he knows how to beat the Spaniard and we are about to see if he can do that again in Beijing.

Carlos Alcaraz

Alcaraz is currently second in the ATP rankings. The Spaniard is 63-7 for the season and 24-4 on hard surface.

He has yet to lose a set at the China Open, defeating Yannik Hanfmann, Lorenzo Musetti and Casper Ruud in straight sets.

Alcaraz has won 6 titles so far in the season including his first one at Wimbledon.

Jannik Sinner

Sinner is seventh in the rankings, which is one spot shy of his career high. The 22-year-old is 47-13 for the season and 24-6 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 6-4, 3-6, 6-2 win over Grigor Dimitrov in the quarterfinals.

Sinner won two titles this year in Toronto and Montpellier.

Alcaraz vs Sinner head to head

Alcaraz leads the head to head 4-3 against Sinner. The Italian won the last one in the Miami semifinals by 6-7, 6-4, 6-2. Alcaraz won the previous two, in the 2023 Indian Wells semifinals (7-6, 6-3) and in the US Open quarterfinals last year, 6-3, 6-7, 6-7, 7-5, 6-3. Sinner won their only final match, last year in Umag, 6-7, 6-1. 6-1 which was his second consecutive win after round of 16, 6-1, 6-4, 6-7, 6-3 in the round of 16 at the 2021 Wimbledon. Alcaraz won the first two matches, in 2021 at the Paris Masters and in 2019 in Alicante.

Carlos Alcaraz vs Jannik Sinner
Photo: Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!