Carlos Alcaraz vs Grigor Dimitrov prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023

Carlos Alcaraz vs Grigor Dimitrov prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Carlos Alcaraz is having a solid week at the Shanghai Masters tournament, and with Djokovic missing this out, he is the main favourite to win the title. The Spaniard has a perfect record against Dimitrov and it is a question if the Bulgarian is ready for an upset. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Carlos Alcaraz vs Grigor Dimitrov predictions

This is the first time for Alcaraz to play in Shanghai and he wasted no time before turning his engine into full speed.

Carlos Alcaraz 2-0 @ 6/5 (2.20)

Alcaraz is close to unbeatable when he plays his best tennis and it seems like he is in that mode in Beijing. Dimitrov is also playing well but he has never even won a set in the three previous matches against Alcaraz. This will be Alcaraz’s match to lose which will not happen as the Spaniard will routinely cruise to the quarterfinal with a straight sets win.

First set over 9.5 games @ 4/5 (1.80)

Dimitrov is one of the veterans on the tour and is aware that there are not many years left for him to try to win some Masters title. He is ready to go against the world No. 2 and will start strong in the opening set. It is pretty unlikely that the Bulgarian will win the set but will stay close enough to take it over 9.5 games.

Carlos Alcaraz vs Grigor Dimitrov odds

According to the odds, Alcaraz is the favourite to win the game, with a 80% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Dimitrov 20% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Can Alcaraz be back on top this season?

Alcaraz has felt how it is like to be on top of the ATP rankings but has failed to stay there longer. Novak Djokovic took over the lead at the US Open and if the Spaniard want to get back on top, he will need to keep winning. He is the favourite in Shanghai which may take him closer to Djokovic.

Carlos Alcaraz

Alcaraz is second in the ATP rankings. He has a 65-8 record this season and 26-5 on hard surface.

The 20-year-old is coming off a 7-6, 6-4 win over Daniel Evans in the second round after defeating Gregoire Barrere 6-2, 7-5 in the first.

Alcaraz won six titles this season including Wimbledon, Queen’s Club, Madrid, Barcelona, Indian Wells and Buenos Aires.

Grigor Dimitrov

Dimitrov is 19th in the rankings and his career high is No. 3 in the world. The 32-year-old is 36-18 for the season and 15-9 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 7-6, 6-4 win over Karen Khachanov and previously defeated Alexander Vukic 6-4, 6-3.

Dimitrov’s best result this season was the final in Geneve.

Alcaraz vs Dimitrov head to head

Alcaraz won all three previous matches against Dimitrov. They played in the quarterfinals on the Queen’s Club Championships earlier this week with the Spaniard winning 6-4, 6-4. He also won in the third round of the Madrid Masters this year, 6-2, 7-5. Their first match was in the round of 16 at the 2022 Paris Masters with Alcaraz winning 6-1, 6-3.

Carlos Alcaraz vs Grigor Dimitrov
Photo by Marek Janikowski/Icon Sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center court
  • Date & time: Wednesday, 11th of October, 11:30 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!