Brandon Nakashima vs Holger Rune prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023

Brandon Nakashima vs Holger Rune prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Holger Rune had a great first half of the season but has seen his shape falling apart the rest of the way. The Shanghai Masters tournament looks like a perfect opportunity to bounce back but he will need to face Nakashima who has a better head to head record. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Brandon Nakashima vs Holger Rune predictions

Two of the youngest players in the tournament will face each other in the second round.

Holger Rune to win @ 3/5 (1.60)

Rune is not even close to the form he was in the first part of the season but he still possesses the talent and the energy. The Danish has 8 of the last 9 matches and it is about time for him to get back in the right form. Nakashima is also far from the best version of himself and he is not even in the top 100 players tight now. Rune will play with his back against the wall and knowing how tough he is, he will win this one.

Under 23.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

Nakashima won their previous match two years ago, but things have dramatically changed ever since. Rune found his way into the top 10 players on the tour and there is a huge gap between him and Nakashima. That will be very evident in this match as Rune will win in straight sets and under 23.5 games.

Brandon Nakashima vs Holger Rune odds

According to the odds, Rune is the favourite to win the game, with a 62.5% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Rune 37.5% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Can Rune get back to winning tracks?

Rune made three finals appearances in the first part of the season and reached the top 5 in the rankings. However, his form dramatically dropped in the last couple of months and he has only one win after Wimbledon. The Masters in Shanghai is a tough tournament, but the 20-year-old has everything he needs to go deep.

Brandon Nakashima

Nakashima is 112nd in the rankings, way lower than his career high 43rd place. The American is 13-21 for the season and 9-13 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 6-1, 7-6 win over Bernabe Zapata Miralles in the opening round.

Nakashima’s best result this season was the semifinals in Lyon where he lost to Arthur Fils.

Holger Rune

Rune is currently fifth in the rankings and his career high is No. 4 in the world. The 20-year-old is 39-20 for the season and 10-9 on hard surface.

He is coming off a second round loss to Grigor Dimitrov in Beijing.

Rune won the title in Munich this season and reached the finals in Rome and Monte Carlo.

Brandon Nakashima vs Holger Rune head to head

Nakashima won the only previous match against Rune. It was at the group stage of the Next Gen tournament in 2021, where the American won 3-4, 4-1, 4-1, 4-1.

Brandon Nakashima vs Holger Rune
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center Court
  • Date & time: Friday, 5th of October, 07:30 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!