UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Ben Shelton is the rising star if the season and one of the dark-horse candidates to win the Shanghai Masters tournament. He is starting his journey in China against Jaume Munar from Spain. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Our favourite Ben Shelton vs Jaume Munar predictions
- 1 Our favourite Ben Shelton vs Jaume Munar predictions
- 2 How far can Shelton go in Shanghai?
- 3 Key match details
This will be Shelton’s second match after losing to Novak Djokovic at the US Open semifinals. It’s been a while since he was on the court but he is still the favorurite to win against Munar.
Ben Shelton vs Jaume Munar 2-0 @ 17/20 (1.85)
This match is a real example of how big of a difference the surface can make. Munar plays most of his matches on clay and has only one win on hard all season long. On the other hand, Shelton prefers playing on hard and with the serve he has, the Spaniard will stand absolutely no chance in this match. Shelton will use this one to warm up for the next match and win this one easily in straight sets.
Jaume Munar under 1.5 breaks @ 13/20 (1.65)
Munar’s game simply is not suitable for this surface and he will have tough time returning the ball after Shelton’s lighting-fast serves. It is hard to imagine that Munar can break his serve, but even if he somehow manages to do that once, he will definitely not do that twice in the match.
Ben Shelton vs Jaume Munar odds
According to the odds, Shelton is the favourite to win the game, with a 80% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Munar 20% chance to win the match.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.
How far can Shelton go in Shanghai?
Despite being one of the youngest players on the tour, Shelton has shown that he is build for the biggest tournaments. He reached the quarterfinal in Melbourne at the beginning of the season and the semis in New York, so there is no doubt that he can go deep in this tournament as well.
Shelton is 20th in the rankings, one spot lower than his career high. He is 20-23 for the season and 13-12 on hard surface.
This will be his first match after defeating Arthur Fils at the Laver Cup.
His best result of the season was the semifinal at the US Open against Novak Djokovic and he also reached the quarterfinals at the Australian Open where he lost to Tommy Paul.
Munar is 82nd in the rankings, and he has never been higher than the 52nd place. The Spaniard is 29-27 for the season and only 1-6 on hard surface.
He is coming off his lone win on this surface in the season, defeating Rigele Te 6-2, 6-4 in the opening round in Shanghai.
Munar won one title this season at the Challenger in San Marino and also reached the semifinals in Santiago.
Ben Shelton vs Jaume Munar head to head
This will be the first match between Shelton and Munar.
Key match details
- Venue: Court 3
- Date & time: Friday, 5th of October, 08:30 GMT
- Where to watch in UK: Amazon Prime
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!