Ashlyn Krueger vs Ons Jabeur prediction and odds: China Open 2023

Ashlyn Krueger vs Ons Jabeur prediction and odds: China Open 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Ons Jabeur is coming to China Open after a successful week and winning the title in Ningbo. This tournament is on a much higher level and the world No. 7 is starting against Ashlyn Krueger. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Ashlyn Krueger vs Ons Jabeur predictions

Jabeur had many ups and downs this season but she looks ready to finish it in great style.

Ons Jabeur 2-0 @ 7/10 (1.70)

Jabeur is coming to Beijing in excellent shape after winning 6 of the last 7 matches. The hard surface has not been her main one, but this season she has made a huge improvement and is among the favourrites to win in Beijing. Krueger is still a teenager and she will not be able to take anything more than a valuable experience from this match.

Over 20.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

There is no doubt that the young American will give her best tennis against a top 10 player since this match can launch her much higher in the rankings. She has a solid record on hard surface meaning that she serves well and with the total games margin being set at only 20.5 games, this match would most likely go over it.

Ashlyn Krueger vs Ons Jabeur odds

According to the odds, Jabeur is the favourite to win the game, with an 80% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Krueger 20% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Can Jabeur win back-to-back titles?

Jabeur won two titles this season and has been playing excellent so far in Asia. Krueger should not be a problem in the first round and the real question is whether Jabeur can connect two titles after winning last week in Ningbo.

Ashlyn Krueger

Ashlyn Krueger is 75th in the WTA rankings, two spots shy of her career best. The 19-year-old is 42-23 for the season and 25-13 on hard surface.

She had to go through the qualifiers to find a spot in the China Open main draw. In the first qualifying round, Krueger defeated Tamara Korpatch 7-6, 6-1 and in the next one, went past Lucia Bronzetti by 6-4, 5-7, 6-4.

A couple of weeks ago, Krueger won the tournament in Osaka defeating Lin Zhu in the finals. That was her second title this season after winning in Gaiba as well.

Ons Jabeur

Ons Jabeur is 7th in the rankings and her career high was No. 2. The Tunisian is 33-14 for the season and 15-8 on hard surface.

She is coming off a 6-2, 6-1 win over Diana Shnaider in the final match the tournament in Ningbo. That was the second title this year for Jabeur who also won in Charleston.

Still, her best result was the final at Wimbledon where she failed to Marketa Vondrousova.

Krueger vs Jabeur head to head

This will be the first match between Krueger and Jabeur.

Ashlyn Krueger vs Ons Jabeur
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!