Anhelina Kalinina vs Caroline Garcia prediction and odds: China Open 2023

Anhelina Kalinina vs Caroline Garcia prediction and odds: China Open 2023
Photo: Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA - Photo by Icon sport

For the second time in two weeks, Anhelina Kalinina and Caroline Garcia will face other. The French was the better one in Tokyo and we will see who will prevail at the China Open. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Anhelina Kalinina vs Caroline Garcia predictions

Caroline Garcia managed to get back among the top 10 players in the rankings and she will face a tough challenge this week to keep her spot in that company.

Caroline Garcia to win @ 13/20 (1.65)

Last week in Tokyo, Garcia defeated Kalinina in straight sets which clearly shows who the better player is at the moment. Garcia is not on the level she was last year but is still capable of beating anybody on the tour. Kalinina is not on that level yet and that will be visible in this match.

Total sets 3 @ 6/5 (2.20)

Garcia won in straight sets last week but that will probably not be the case in this match. Kalinina has learned her lesson and will be much more competitive taking the match to the decisive set.

Anhelina Kalinina vs Caroline Garcia odds

According to the odds, Garcia is the favourite to win the game, with an 55% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Kalinina 45% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Can Garcia finally win a title this season?

Garcia had a breakthrough season last year winning four titles. She set her standards high but failed to win a single title in 2023. This tournament looks like a chance to do that, but it will not be an easy task.

Anhelina Kalinina

Kalinina is 28th in the WTA rankings, three spots lower than her career high. The 26-year-old is 25-23 for the season and 16-14 on hard surface.

Kalinina is coming off a 6-2, 7-6 win over Diane Saville in the previous round after beating the defending Wimbledon champion Marketa Vondrousova 1-6, 6-4, 6-1 in the opening round.

Last week in Tokyo, Kalinina lost to Garcia in the round of 16 after defeating Ashlyn Krueger in the first match.

Her best result of the season is the final at the masters in Rome where she lost to Elena Rybakina.

Caroline Garcia

Garcia is currently 10th in the rankings while her career high was No. 4 last year. The French is 38-23 for the season and 22-15 on hard surface.

In the previous round in Beijing, Garcia defeated Yulia Putintseva 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 after beating Katerina Baindl 6-2, 6-4 in the opening round.

Last week, Garcia reached the round of 16 in Tokyo failing to Maria Sakkari.

Garcia reached to finals this season losing in both occasions in Monterrey and Lyon.

Kalinina vs Garcia head to head

Garcia won the only previous match against Kalinina. In the round of 16 of the tournament in Tokyo last week, Garcia won 6-4, 6-3.

Anhelina Kalinina vs Caroline Garcia
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!