Andy Murray vs Tomas Martin Etcheverry prediction and odds: Basel Open 2023

Andy Murray vs Tomas Martin Etcheverry prediction and odds: Basel Open 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Andy Murray has impressed many by his determination this season and he will have another chance to shine at the Basel Open. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Andy Murray vs Tomas Martin Etcheverry predictions

Tomas Martin Etcheverry made a huge upset in the opening round and hopes that he will be able to do the same against the former World No. 1.

Andy Murray to win @ 11/20 (1.55)

Andy Murray is having an excellent season given all the injuries he faced in recent years. He had a solid start in the opening round and now will face the Argentinian who barely plays on this surface. Etcheverry should not be underestimated since he defeated Sebastian Korda against the odds in the first round, but he will not have a chance against Murray. The three-time Grand Slam champion is much more experienced and will find a way to get through to the next roudn.

Under 23.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

Both players had a quite demanding matches in the opening round and that was Etcheverry’s fourth three-set match in the last five appearances. It looks like this will be another of those matches and the total games margin is a little higher than usual. However, Murray will have full control of this match and will manage to go through in straight sets finishing this one in under 23.5 games in total.

Andy Murray vs Tomas Martin Etcheverry odds

According to the odds, Murray is the favourite to win the game, with a 65% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Etcheverry 35% chance to win the match.

How far can Murray go by the end of the season?

Andy Murray will probably never get back into the top 10 players in the rankings, but he left his heart out on the court this season and is at the respectable 40th place at the moment. Winning three titles sounds very exciting and as long as he can play, there is no doubt that Murray will be worth watching.

Andy Murray

Murray is currently 40th in the ATP rankings. The former world No. 1 is 33-17 for the season and 15-10 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 7-5, 6-4 first round win over Yannick Hanfmann.

Murray won three titles this season in Nottingham, Surbiton and Aix en Provence.

Tomas Martin Etcheverry

Etcheverry is currently 32nd in the rankings, two spots shy of his career high. The Argentinian is 37-27 for the season and 8-11 on hard surface.

In the opening round in Basel, he defeated Sebastian Korda 6-3, 1-6, 6-3.

Etcheverry lost three finals this season, in Santiago, Houston and Bordeaux. Still, his best result of the year was reaching the quarterfinals at the French Open where he lost to Alexander Zverev.

Murray vs Etcheverry head to head

Murray won the only previous match against Etcheverry. In the opening round in Indian Wells earlier this year, the former world No. 1 won 6-7, 6-1, 6-4.

Andy Murray vs Tomas Martin Etcheverry
Photo: Danielle Parhizkaran- Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center court
  • Date & time: Wednesday, 25th of October, 19:00
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!