Andy Murray vs Matteo Berrettini prediction and odds: Miami Open 2024

Murray vs Berrettini prediction
Photo by Iconsport

The first round of Miami Open 2024 brings us a few interesting matchups and one of them is between Andy Murray and Matteo Berrettini. Will the former Grand Slam winner be able to get to the next stage or will Berrettini get the best of him? Find out from our Andy Murray vs Mateo Berrettini prediction and preview right here, but remember to check our other tennis predictions for today as well.

Our favourite Andy Murray vs Matteo Berrettini predictions

With both players entering Miami Open with high hopes, who will end their journey at the very start? Here are our predictions:

Matteo Berrettini to win @ 5/6 (1.83)

While Berrettini did have a lengthy injury break, he returned to the court by reaching the final at the Phoenix Open, so he enters this match in good form despite losing that final. Meanwhile, Murray has struggled to get wins in 2024, winning just three matches so far. On top of that, Berrettini has the H2H advantage too, leading 3-2 against the Brit.

Over 22.5 total games @ 8/11 (1.73)

Only two of the five previous H2H duels between Murray and Berrettini have ended in straight sets and one of them had both sets decided in tie-breaks. So, it’s clear that these two like to play long matches, which is why over 2.25 total games sounds like a solid bet.

Andy Murray vs Matteo Berrettini odds

As expected, the bookies don’t have a clear favourite in this match. However, the expected winner by a small margin is Matteo Berrettini, with odds on his win set at 5/6 (1.83), which is the same as a 54.50% probability. On the other hand, Murray to win comes at 6/5 (2.20) odds, which implies a 45.50% win probability.

Battle for the second round at Miami Open between Murray and Berrettini

Now that we provided you with our predictions for this match, let’s take a closer look at how these two players fared so far this season:

Andy Murray preview

The Brit entered 2024 hoping to get some positive results as he approaches the end of his career, but things haven’t really gone well for Murray so far. With just three wins on the ATP Tour since the start of the year, Murray failed to reach the third round at any of the tournaments he played. Can he do better at Miami Open?

Matteo Berrettini preview

After a lengthy absence due to various ankle and foot injuries, the Italian almost had a triumphant return to the court as he reached the final at the Phoenix Open, where he lost to Nino Borges in straight sets. Still, given that this was his first tournament since August last year, Berrettini can be optimistic about his Miami Open berth.

Andy Murray vs Matteo Berrettini head to head

These two players have met five times before, with the Italian having the 3-2 advantage overall.

  • Beijing Open (2019): Murray 2-0 Berrettini (7-6, 7-6)
  • London Open (2021): Murray 0-2 Berrettini (3-6, 3-6)
  • Stuttgart Open (2022): Murray 1-2 Berrettini (4-6, 7-5, 3-6)
  • US Open (2022): Murray 1-3 Berrettini (4-6, 4-6, 7-6, 3-6)
  • Australian Open (2023): Murray 3-2 Berrettini (6-3, 6-3, 4-6, 6-7, 7-6)

Key match details

Matteo Berrettini
Photo by Icon sport
  • When will this match start? This match starts at 19:00 on Wednesday, 20 March.
  • How much will the Miami Open 2024 winner get? The  winner of the tournament will get $1.1 million.
  • Who is the top seed of the Miami Open 2024? Carlos Alcaraz is the top seed at Miami Open 2024.

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!