Andrey Rublev vs Hubert Hurkacz prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023

Andrey Rublev vs Hubert Hurkacz prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023
Photo by Icon Sport

Andrey Rublev and Hubert Hurkacz will face each other in the Shanghai Masters final. The Russian has yet to lose a set in the tournament is a slight favorite to win the title. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Andrey Rublev vs Hubert Hurkacz predictions

Both players had great week in Shanghai and have a unique opportunity to win a Masters Series tournament.

Andrey Rublev to win @ 11/20 (1.55)

This will be a tough match with both players having a legit chance to win the title. None of them is capable of winning this easily and small things will make the difference. Rublev is the better overall player who in the top 10 for a while now. The Russian has learned his lessons with many losses in big matches and this year, he has proven that he knows how to close these matches. Hurkacz relies more on his serve and Rublev will be the one to have the final punch and win the title.

First set tiebreak @ 2/1 (3.00)

Given the stakes, both players will show their best performance in this match. Three of their four previous matches had at least one tiebreaker and there is great possibility to start this one by going to the decisive game in the opening set.

Andrey Rublev vs Hubert Hurkacz odds

According to the odds, Rublev is the favourite to win the game, with a 65% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Hurkacz 35% chance to win the match.

Which finalist has more career titles?

Rublev has won 14 ATP titles which is much better than Hurkacz 6 titles. The Russian won two this season while the player from Portland only one.

Andrey Rublev

Rublev is 7th in the ATP rankings, two spots lower than his career high. The Russian is 52-20 for the season and 23-11 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 7-6, 6-3 semifinal win over Grigor Dimitrov. That was his fifth straight match in Sganghai to win without dropping a set.

Rublev won two tiles so far this season, beating Casper Ruud in the final in Bastad and Holger Rune in Monte Carlo. He also lost the finals in Halle, Banja Luka and Dubai.

Hubert Hurkacz

Hurkacz is currently 17th in the rankings, while his career high is No. 9. The 26-year-old is 39-20 for the season and 21-10 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 6-3, 6-4 win over Sebastian Korda in the semifinals. Previously, Hurkacz needed three sets against Fabian Marozsan and Zhizhen Zhang who puched him to the third set tiebreak.

Hurakcz’s best result this season is winning the title in Marseille.

Rublev vs Hurkacz head to head

Both players won two of their previous four matches. Rublev won the last two both players last year, 7-5, 6-4 in the round of 16 in Indian Wells and 3-6, 7-5, 7-6 in the semifinal in Dubai. Hurkacz won 6-3, 6-4 in the semifinal in 2021 in Miami and 7-6, 3-6, 6-2 in the second round in Rome in 2020.

Andrey Rublev vs Hubert Hurkacz
Photo: Dan Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center Court
  • Date & time: Sunday, 15th of October, 09:30 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!