Alexei Popyrin vs Matteo Arnaldi prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023

Alexei Popyrin vs Matteo Arnaldi prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Both players are entering their prime, and the Shanghai Masters tournament may be the turning point of the season. They are both in good shape, which will bring us an interesting match. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Alexei Popyrin vs Matteo Arnaldi predictions

Popyrin lost the last three matches and looks to get back on the winning track against a tough opponent.

Matteo Arnaldi to win @ 13/20 (1.65)

Matteo Arnaldi had a good run last week in Beijing and has a reason to be confident going into this tournament. Popyrin is not playing his best tennis and often has many ups and downs during matches. Arnaldi will take advantage of that and will advance to the next round. The Australian turned things around against Arnaldi earlier this year to win his first tournament of the season, but now it will be a payback time for Arnaldi.

First set over 10.5 games @ 8/5 (2.60)

Both players have solid first serves and will rely on that most of the match. This is a huge chance for both of them to make a significant leap late in the season, and no player will go down easy.  It will be a tight opening set hast will probably go the distance.

Alexei Popyrin vs Matteo Arnaldi odds

According to the odds, Arnaldi is the favourite to win the game, with a 60% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Popyrin 40% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Who will make a jump into the top 40?

Both Popyirin and Arnaldi are ranked just above that 50th spot on the list and whoever wins this match will have a shot at jumping among the top 40 players in the world.

Alexei Popyrin

Popyrin is 45th in the rankings, five spots lower than his career high. The 24-year-old is 34-25 for the season and 16-13 on hard surface.

He is coming to Shanghai after losing the last three matches. Last week, he failed in the opening round in Beijing 7-6, 6-7, 6-4 to Sebastian Korda.

Popyrin won the title in Umag this season and also made it to the quarterfinals in Cincinnati, Manama, Phoenix, and Adelaide.

Matteo Arnaldi

Arnaldi is 48th in the rankings, one spot shy of his career best. The Italian is 47-23 for the season and 19-14 on hard.

Last week in Beijing, he made it to the round of 16 all the way through the qualifiers but failed to Nicolas Jarry 6-7, 7-6, 6-3.

The 22-year-old won three challengers this season. He lift the trophies in Tenerife, Murcia and Heilbronn and

Alexei Popyrin vs Matteo Arnaldi head to head

Popyrin won the only previous match against Arnaldi. In the semifinals in Umag earlier this year, the Australian won 6-7, 7-5, 6-3.

Alexei Popyrin vs Matteo Arnaldi
Photo: Robert Deutsch-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon sport

Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!