UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The quarterfinal of the China Open will bring us an interesting match between two players who know each other very well. Zverev and Jarry will collide for the third time this season after they split the previous two matches. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Our favourite Alexander Zverev vs Nicolas Jarry predictions
- 1 Our favourite Alexander Zverev vs Nicolas Jarry predictions
- 2 Can Zverev win another tournament in China?
- 3 Key match details
Zverev is back among the top 10 players in the world but the German doesn’t plan to settle for anything other than the very top. Can Jarry put his plans to sleep for now?
Alexander Zverev 2-0 @ 1/1 (2.00)
Both players are having solid seasons, with Zverev finally recovering and Jarry breaking out among the top 25 players in the world. These two know each other very well, as this will be their sixth match. Zverev is the better overall player and the surface suits him much better than Jarry. Zverev is having a great month in China, and despite needing three sets in both of his previous matches in Beijing, he will take care of business in straight sets.
First set over 9.5 games @ 11/20 (1.55)
Both players have excellent serves and it will take time before any of them make a break. That will take the opening set under 9.5 agmees and maybe even to the tiebreak.
Alexander Zverev vs Nicolas Jarry odds
According to the odds, Zverev is the favourite to win the game, with an 73.5% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Jarry 26.5% chance to win the match.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.
Can Zverev win another tournament in China?
Zverev is coming off a successful tournament in Chengdu winning the second title this season. It seems like playing in China fits him well and he is among the top favourites to win here again.
Zverev is currently 10th in the rankings, the highest he has been this season. The German is 49-21 for the season and 21-10 on hard surface.
He is coming off 6-7, 6-2, 6-1 win over Alejandro Davidovich Fokina in the round of 16.
Last week, Zverev won the title in Chengdu, the second one of the season after winning in his hometown, Hamburg.
Jarry is currently 23rd in the world, one spot lower than his career high. The Chilean is 38-17 for the season and 11-5 on hard surface.
He is coming off a 6-7, 7-6, 6-3 win over Matteo Arnaldi in the previous round.
This season, Jarry won two titles, in Geneve and Santiago.
Zverev vs Jarry head to head
Zverev leads 3-2 in the head to head matches against Jarry. The German won 7-5, 6-3 in the quarterfinal in Halle earlier this season. In the semifinals in Geneve, Jarry was the one to move on with a 7-6, 6-3 win. The two met in the opening round in Hamburg in 2019, with Zverev winning 6-4, 6-2. He was the better one in final in Geneve in 2019 winning 6-3, 3-6, 7-6. In their first match that took place in the second round in Barcelona in 2019, Jarry won a tight one – 3-6, 7-5, 7-6.
Key match details
- Venue: Center Court
- Date & time: Monday, 2nd of October, 07:00
- Where to watch in UK: Amazon Prime
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!