UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Sparks will fly as Alexander Zverev and Matteo Berrettini draw swords on Saturday. Which of these players will advance to the fourth round of the Wimbledon Championships?
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Alexander Zverev vs Matteo Berrettini – Match Predictions
- 1 Alexander Zverev vs Matteo Berrettini – Match Predictions
- 2 Alexander Zverev vs Matteo Berrettini Preview
- 3 Alexander Zverev vs Matteo Berrettini Match Details
With both players vying for a place in the round of 16, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Alexander Zverev to Win
It’s important to point out that Matteo Berrettini is a former Wimbledon finalist; he reached the final of this tournament two years ago, losing to Novak Djokovic in four sets. However, Berrettini has struggled against Alexander Zverev in the past; he has lost four of five encounters with the German, including their last three. As a matter of fact, Berrettini won just one set in his last three clashes with Zverev. Considering Alexander Zverev has five wins in his last six matches, we believe the former World number 2 will extend his winning streak against Matteo Berrettini today.
At Least 11 Games in First Set
We’ve already established that these players squared off against each other a fair few times, it’s also important to note that the first sets tend to be tightly-contested. As a matter of fact, the last two times these players met, the first sets ended in tie breaks. Furthermore, Alexander Zverev and Matteo Berrettini have met five times, and in four of those skirmishes, the first set featured at least 12 games. On that note, we are taking the over 10.5 games option for the first set.
Alexander Zverev vs Matteo Berrettini Preview
We’ve established our Alexander Zverev vs Matteo Berrettini predictions; let’s see how these players fared in the previous rounds of this competition.
Alexander Zverev took on Yosuke Watanuki and Gijs Brouwer in the first two rounds, defeating these players with ease. Compared to his previous opponents however, Alexander Zverev will be a relatively bigger fish to fry. It’s fair to point out that Zverev came out on top the last three times he faced Berrettini on the court; so it’ll be interesting to see how he matches up against the Italian.
On the other hand, Matteo Berrettini is coming off an impressive straight sets victory over Alex de Minaur; he had faced compatriot Lorenzo Sonego in the first round, beating him in four sets. The Italian player will hope to improve his poor record against Alexander Zverev today.
Alexander Zverev vs Matteo Berrettini Head to Head
Alexander Zverev and Matteo Berrettini have clashed five times in the past, and the German player leads the head-to-head with four wins. Interestingly, these players have never met on grass courts, this will also be the first ever encounter in a grand slam event.
- 14/11/21 Zverev won 2-0 (ATP Tour Finals, Indoor Hard)
- 09/05/21 Zverev won 2-1 (Mutua Madrid Open, Clay)
- 12/10/19 Zverev won 2-0 (Shanghai Open, Outdoor Hard)
- 14/05/19 Berrettini won 2-0 (Italian Open, Clay)
- 16/05/18 Zverev won 2-0 (Italian Open, Clay)
Alexander Zverev vs Matteo Berrettini Match Details
- When will the Zverev vs Berrettini match take place? This match is scheduled for Saturday 8th July.
- On which surface will this match be played? The Zverev vs Berrettini match will be played on grass.
- Who do the bookies favour ahead of this match? Alexander Zverev is slightly favoured over Matteo Berrettini
- Is it possible to watch Wimbledon 2023 in the UK? Of course. This match will be available on BBC and Eurosport UK for fans in the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!