UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The semifinal of the China Open will bring us an interesting match between two players who know each other very well. Zverev and Medvedev will collide for the 18th time, and this match can literally go either way. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Our favourite Alexander Zverev vs Daniil Medvedev predictions
- 1 Our favourite Alexander Zverev vs Daniil Medvedev predictions
- 2 Can Zverev win another tournament in China?
- 3 Key match details
Zverev is back among the top 10 players in the world but the German has a losing record against Medvedev. Can he win this one against the odds?
Alexander Zverev +2.5 @ 1/1 (2.00)
If you want to pick a match that is difficult to predict, this is the one. Both players have a good season, and they have met many times before. Every match between them has been epic, so we do not expect anything less this time as well. Zverev won the last match, ending Medvedev’s four-game winning streak. Zverev has been playing very well in Asia so far, so the least he would do is cover the +2.5 games spread in this match.
First set over 10.5 games @ 9/4 (3.25)
Both players know each other very well and will bring their best game in the semifinal. They both have excellent serves and on this surface it will be hard to break. They haven’t gone over 10.5 games in the opening set in their last three matches, so it is about the time to do that.
Alexander Zverev vs Daniil Medvedev odds
According to the odds, Medvedev is the favourite to win the game, with an 69% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Zverev 31% chance to win the match.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.
Can Zverev win another tournament in China?
Zverev is coming off a successful tournament in Chengdu winning the second title this season. It seems like playing in China fits him well and he is among the top favourites to win here as well.
Zverev is currently 10th in the rankings, the highest he has been this season. The German is 50-21 for the season and 22-10 on hard surface.
He is coming off 6-, 6-7, 6-3 win over Nicolas Jarry in the quarterfinals.
Last week, Zverev won the title in Chengdu, the second one of the season after winning in his hometown, Hamburg.
Medvedev is third in the rankings. The former world No. 1 is 58-12 for the season and 36-6 on hard surface.
In the quarterfinal, he went past Ugo Humbert by 6-4, 3-6, 6-1.
Medvedev won 5 titles so far in the season.
Zverev vs Medvedev head to head
Medvedev leads the head to head matches 10-7. They played four times before this season and Medvedev leads 3-1 in those. Zverev won the last match in the round of 16 in Cincinnati by 6-4, 5-7, 6-4. Medvedev was the better one in the round of 16 in Rome by 6-2, 7-6, as well as in the same stage of the tournaments in Monte Carlo, 3-6, 7-5, 7-6 and Indian Wells, 6-7, 7-6, 7-5.
Key match details
- Venue: Center Court
- Date & time: Tuesday, 3rd of October, 09:30
- Where to watch in UK: Amazon Prime
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!