Alexander Zverev vs Cameron Norrie prediction and odds – Vienna Open 2023

All eyes will be on the Vienna Open‘s Center Court as Alexander Zverev and Cameron Norrie go toe-to-toe with each other on Wednesday. Which of these players will be left standing at the end of this match?

Cameron Norrie
Photo by Icon Sport

Alexander Zverev vs Cameron Norrie – match predictions

As Zverev and Norrie battle it out for a quarter-final spot, these are our predictions and tips for this match

Alexander Zverev to win 2-0 @ 3/4 (1.75)

Quite frankly, Cameron Norrie has fared better in doubles than he has in singles lately. While the British number 1 reached the semi-final of the Shanghai Masters doubles event a couple of weeks ago, he crashed out in the first round of the singles event.

As a matter of fact, Norrie suffered seven losses in his last nine singles matches; he has also struggled against today’s opponent in recent years. We would like to point out that Alexander Zverev won the last three clashes between these players in straight sets; and considering how Norrie has been playing lately, we are fairly confident that Zverev will take this in straight sets.

Under 22.5 total games @ 3/4 (1.75)

Next, let’s take a look at the over/under games market. It’s important to point out that Alexander Zverev and Cameron Norrie previously squared off against each other on four occasions, and all of those meetings ended in straight sets. That said, three of four previous skirmishes between these players went below the 22.5 games mark.

Furthermore, Alexander Zverev is coming off four consecutive two-setters, and all four matches featured less than 23 games. Taking everything into consideration, we are picking the under option for this match.

Alexander Zverev vs Cameron Norrie odds

At 1/4 (1.25), Alexander Zverev is the favourite to win this match with an 80 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Cameron Norrie a 20 percent chance to win this match.

Can Norrie halt his losing run against Zverev?

Now that we’ve gotten our Alexander Zverev vs Cameron Norrie predictions out of the way, let’s see how these players fared in the weeks leading up to this tie.

Alexander Zverev

After back-to-back disappointing campaigns in Shanghai and Tokyo, Alexander Zverev got back on course with a straight sets victory over Sebastian Ofner in the first round of this tournament. The German player had lost three consecutive matches before that win, all in straight sets. Zverev will look to extend his winning streak against Cameron Norrie as he faces the British player today.

Cameron Norrie

On the other hand, Cameron Norrie needed three sets in order to beat qualifier and World number 169 Filip Misolic in the previous round; he has struggled to find his stride in recent months, losing seven of his last nine matches. It’ll be interesting to see how the British number 1 will match-up against Alexander Zverev.

Zverev vs Norrie head to head

This will be the fifth encounter between these players. Alexander Zverev and Cameron Norrie first clashed at the Challenger event in West Lakes in 2014, and it was Norrie who came out in straight sets. However, the British player has lost three consecutive clashes with Zverev since then, all in straight sets.

Key match details

Alexander Zverev
Photo by Icon Sport
  • Venue: Center Court.
  • Time and date: Wednesday 25th October, not before 17:50 BST.
  • Bookies’ favourite: Alexander Zverev.

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!