UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
As the ATP Tour shifts its focus away from the captivating Asian swing, the tennis world’s attention turns once again to the heart of Europe, where the prestigious Erste Bank Open, known as the Vienna Open, takes centre stage.
This indoor hardcourt tournament in Vienna, Austria, has long been a highlight on the tennis calendar, attracting top-tier talent and promising intense battles on the court. With the coveted ATP Tour 500 status, a rich history of champions, and a reputation for delivering exceptional matches, the Vienna Open signifies the European leg of the tour and promises to captivate tennis enthusiasts worldwide.
It’s a thrilling return to European shores as players vie for glory and valuable ranking points in this esteemed competition.
Vienna Open tips – Daniil Medvedev to win outright @ 11/4 (3.75)
Daniil Medvedev, the reigning champion of the Vienna Open and the tournament’s top seed, returns to Austrian shores with a resolute determination to extend his reign. In 2023, Medvedev has established himself as one of the most dominant forces in men’s tennis, with an impressive season to his name.
The Russian powerhouse made waves as the runner-up at the US Open, narrowly missing out on Grand Slam glory. However, his remarkable year boasts a 60-14 win-loss record and a string of notable titles. Medvedev has left his mark on tournaments around the globe, triumphing in Rotterdam, Doha, Dubai, Miami, and Rome. His versatility and tenacity were further on display as he clinched the runner-up position in both Indian Wells and the China Open.
Medvedev’s 2023 journey also featured a compelling run to the semi-finals at the hallowed lawns of Wimbledon, showcasing his prowess on different surfaces. With his extraordinary skills and unwavering resolve, he is undeniably a force to be reckoned with, not only as the defending champion but as a top contender for the Vienna Open title.
With enticing odds of 11/4 (3.75), Daniil Medvedev is not just the defending champion but also a player in the prime of his career, poised to capture the Vienna Open crown once again. Tennis fans can expect a display of power, precision, and sheer determination as Medvedev embarks on his journey to retain the title and leave an indelible mark on Vienna’s illustrious tennis history.
ATP Vienna Open picks – Day 7
Welcome to Day 6 of the ATP Vienna Open. The stage is set for intense showdowns between the top stars on the ATP circuit. Let’s dive into the picks and predictions for today’s action-packed matches. Let’s get started.
Daniil Medvedev vs Jannik Sinner: Over 22.5 Games @ 19/20 (1.95)
The final of the Erste Bank Open will bring together the top two seeds. All the marbles are at stake as fans enjoy the rematch of the Miami Open and China Open finals. It was Megamind who triumphed in Hard Rock Stadium while the Italian came out on top in Beijing.
In the semi-final, Medvedev impressed against Stefanos Tsitsipas, ending the Greek ace’s resurgence on the ATP tour. The match lasted 105 minutes and needed 23 games for the Russian to take his H2H record against Tsitsipas 9-4. On the other hand, Sinner continued his brilliant form against Andrey Rublev, registering a dominant straight-sets victory.
Sinner has yet to drop a set in Vienna and will feel confident about his chances. On the other hand, Medvedev is the defending champion here and is no stranger to silverware success. Given both stars’ impressive form leading up to the final clash, we expect a hard-fought battle, one that will likely go the distance. With little to separate them, we should see over 22.5 games before a victor is decided.
Frequently asked questions about the Vienna Open
- When is the Erste Bank Open 2023 taking place in Vienna, Austria? The Erste Bank Open 2023 will be held from October 23 to 29 in Vienna, Austria.
- What type of court is used for the tournament, and where will it be held? The tournament is part of the ATP 500 series and will be played on hard courts at the Wiener Stadthalle.
- Who are some of the prominent players participating in the event? Notable players in the tournament include Daniil Medvedev, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Andrey Rublev, Jannik Sinner, and Alexander Zverev.
- When is the singles draw, and when does the main draw begin? The singles draw is scheduled for October 21, and the main draw starts on October 23.
- What is the prize money and financial commitment for the tournament? The tournament offers a prize money pool of €2,409,835, and the Total Financial Commitment is €2,559,790.
- Who were the winners of the 2022 edition? In 2022, Daniil Medvedev won the singles title, and Alexander Erler and Lucas Miedler claimed the doubles title.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!