Alexander Zverev vs Andrey Rublev prediction and odds – Vienna Open 2023

All eyes will be on the Vienna Open‘s Center Court as Alexander Zverev and Andrey Rublev go toe-to-toe with each other. Which of these players will come out on top at the end of this clash?

Zverev and Rublev
Photo by Icon Sport

Alexander Zverev vs Andrey Rublev – match predictions

As Zverev and Rublev contend with each other for a semi-final spot, these are our predictions and tips for this match

Andrey Rublev to win @ 19/20 (1.95)

A good case can be made for Alexander Zverev. He won the Chengdu Open just last month, and has 12 wins in his last 17 matches heading into this clash. However, it’s worth mentioning that the German player came into this tournament on the back of three consecutive losses.

Moreover, Zverev has faced Andrey Rublev eight times on the court; and while he won five of those encounters, recent clashes between these players have mostly been in Rublev’s favour. The Russian player won three of the last four skirmishes between these two. Considering Rublev won seven of his last eight matches, we believe he’ll emerge victorious at the end of this match.

Two total sets @ 4/7 (1.57)

We’ve established that these players previously met eight times. It may interest you to know that all of those clashes ended in minimum sets. That said, these players have both been involved in a lot of two-setters lately.

On one hand, seven of Andrey Rublev’s last eight matches ended in two sets. Likewise, Alexander Zverev is coming off five consecutive two-setters. All things considered, whoever wins this match should do so in straight sets.

Alexander Zverev vs Andrey Rublev odds

At 3/4 (1.75), Alexander Zverev is the favourite to win this match with a 57.1 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Andrey Rublev a 42.9 percent chance to win this match.

Which of these players will advance to the semi-final?

Now that we’ve gotten our Alexander Zverev vs Andrey Rublev predictions out of the way, let’s see how these players fared in the previous rounds of this competition.

Alexander Zverev

It was business as usual for Alexander Zverev two days ago; as he took out British number 1 Cameron Norrie in straight sets. He is yet to surrender a set in this competition. The German player will set his sights on a semi-final spot, and he’ll fancy his chances against Andrey Rublev.

Andrey Rublev

Like today’s opponent, Andrey Rublev won his previous matches in straight sets, dispatching Alexei Popyrin and Matteo Arnaldi. The Russian player has enjoyed some fine form lately, with seven straight sets victories in his last eight matches. It’ll be interesting to see how he’ll fare against Zverev today.

Zverev vs Rublev head to head

Including exhibition matches, this will be the ninth encounter between these players. Alexander Zverev and Andrey Rublev squared off against each other on eight occasions, and the German player leads the head-to-head with five wins.

Key match details

Zverev and Rublev
Photo by Icon Sport
  • Venue: Center Court.
  • Time and date: Friday 27th October, not before 16:30 BST.
  • Bookies’ favourite: Alexander Zverev.

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!