UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
All eyes will be on the China Open’s Diamond Court as Alexander Zverev and Alejandro Davidovich Fokina clash on Saturday. Which of these players will be left standing at the end of this match?
Our favourite Alexander Zverev vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina predictions
- 1 Our favourite Alexander Zverev vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina predictions
- 2 Can Davidovich Fokina best Alexander Zverev for the quarter-final spot?
- 3 Key match details
With both players eyeing a quarter-final spot, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Alexander Zverev to win @ 1/2 (1.50)
We would like to point out that Alexander Zverev is coming into this match with a ton of confidence. The German player reigned supreme at the Chengdu Open last week, defeating players like Grigor Dimitrov and Miomir Kecmanovic. Zverev is currently on a five-match winning streak, he also tends to play well against today’s opponent. It’s important to note that Alexander Zverev has three wins in four previous skirmishes between these players; and considering how well he has played lately, we believe the former World number 2 will come out on top.
Two total sets @ 8/15 (1.53)
Next, let’s explore the ‘total sets’ market. We’ve already established that these players met four times in the past. Interestingly, irrespective of who emerged victorious, clashes between these players always ended in minimum sets, even those in best-of-five events. Keeping in mind that Davidovich Fokina is coming off five consecutive two-setters, we are fairly confident that this match will end in two sets.
Alexander Zverev vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina odds
At 1/2 (1.50), Alexander Zverev is the favourite to win this match with a 66.7 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Alejandro Davidovich Fokina a 33.3 percent chance to win this match.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.
Can Davidovich Fokina best Alexander Zverev for the quarter-final spot?
Now that we’ve sorted out our Alexander Zverev vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina predictions, let’s see how these players have fared recently.
After winning the Chengdu Open last week, Alexander Zverev’s winning streak continued with a three-sets victory over Diego Schwartzman. The German player has now won nine of his last 10 matches. Zverev will look to extend his winning run to six matches, and he’ll fancy his chances against his Spanish opponent.
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina
On the other hand, Alejandro Davidovich Fokina knocked out wildcard Yi Zhou in the previous round. Hs has struggled to find his stride lately, losing four of his last six matches. It’ll be interesting to see how Davidovich Fokina will match-up against an in-form Alexander Zverev.
Alexander Zverev vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina head to head
Alexander Zverev and Alejandro Davidovich Fokina will go up against each other for the fifth time today. Alexander Zverev currently leads their head-to-head, having won three of their previous four meetings.
Key match details
- Venue: Diamond Court.
- Time and date: Saturday 30th September, not before 14:00 BST.
- Bookies’ favourite: Alexander Zverev.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!