Alex de Minaur vs Andy Murray prediction and odds – China Open 2023

Sparks will fly as Alex de Minaur and Andy Murray go toe-to-toe with each other in the first round of the China Open. Which of these players will come out on top at the end of this tie?

Alex de Minaur vs Andy Murray Monte Carlo
Alex De Minaur (AUS) during his first round match at the Monaco Rolex Masters in Monte Carlo, on April 10, 2023. Photo by Corinne Dubreuil/ABACAPRESS.COM – Photo by Icon sport

Our favourite Alex de Minaur vs Andy Murray predictions

As these players battle for a second round spot, these are our predictions and tips for this match

Alex de Minaur to win 2-0 @ 10/11 (1.91)

We would like to point out that Andy Murray tends to fall short when he faces Alex de Minaur on the court. The Australian player has a perfect record against the former World number 1, with four wins in as many clashes between these players. As a matter of fact, these players met twice this year, and de Minaur won both skirmishes in straight sets, dropping just four games in both clashes. For this reason, we believe the Australian will keep his 100 percent record intact with a straight sets victory.

Over 21.5 total games @ 4/5 (1.80)

Next, let’s take a look at the over/under games market. It’s fair to note that Andy Murray has seen his fair share of three-setters lately; as three of his last four matches in best-of-three tournaments ended in maximum sets. Interestingly, all of those matches featured 21 or more games. This has also been the case with Alex de Minaur’s recent matches; as four of his last five matches in non-grand slam matches went above the 21.5 games mark. On that note, we’re taking the over option for today’s match.

Alex de Minaur vs Andy Murray odds

At 7/20 (1.35), Alex de Minaur is the favourite to win this match with a 74.1 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Andy Murray a 25.9 percent chance to win this match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Can Andy Murray get his first win against Alex de Minaur today?

Now that our Alex de Minaur vs Andy Murray predictions are out of the way, let’s see how these players fared in the weeks leading up to this tournament.

Alex de Minaur

Alex de Minaur last played at the Davis Cup a couple of weeks ago, where he won two of three singles matches for his country. The 24 year old has put up a fairly decent run of results lately, winning five of his last seven matches. De Minaur has a perfect record against today’s opponent, and he’ll hope to keep that record intact as he takes on the three-time grand slam champion.

Andy Murray

On the other hand, Andy Murray played at the Zhuhai Championships last week, where he crashed out in the second round at the hands of Aslan Karatsev. The former World number 1 will be eyeing a place in the second round of the Beijing Open, and he’ll fancy his chances against Alex de Minaur.

Alex de Minaur vs Andy Murray head to head

This will be the fifth encounter between these players. Alex de Minaur currently has a perfect record against today’s opponent, with four wins in as many clashes between these two. Interestingly, these players will square off against each other for the third time this year.

Key match details

Alex de Minaur vs Andy Murray
Andy MURRAY of Great Britain and Alex DE MINAUR of Australia during the Day 3 of Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters 1000 on April 10, 2023 in Monte Carlo, France. (Photo by Pascal Della Zuana/Icon Sport)
  • Venue: Center Court.
  • Time and date: Thursday 28th September, not before 12:30 BST.
  • Bookies’ favourite: Alex de Minaur.

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!