UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Two lower ranked players will have a chance to face each other in the opening round of the Shanghai Masters. Vukic prefers playing on such a surface, while the Spaniard has a totally different style. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Our favourite Aleksandar Vukic vs Roberto Carballes Baena predictions
- 1 Our favourite Aleksandar Vukic vs Roberto Carballes Baena predictions
- 2 How good is Carballes Baen on hard surface?
- 3 Key match details
Given the playing style and the record on hard surface, Vukic is the favourite to win this one.
Aleksandar Vukic 2-0 @ 6/5 (2.20)
Vukic and Carballes Baena have totally different playing styles. The Australian largely depends on his serve, while the Spaniard wins his points by a lot of running on the court. Vukic often plays serve and volley and Carballes Baena, despite his speed, will have huge problems with that. Given the surface and their previous experience and record on this surface, Vukic is a much bigger favourite than the odds show. The Australian will be able to rely on his serve, which will take him to the next round.
First set under 9.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)
As mentioned above, Carballes Baena is not keen on playing on a hard surface. He is below the average server and has a losing record on this surface. Vukic will be able to take control of the match early with a fats first set in his favour.
Aleksandar Vukic vs Roberto Carballes Baena odds
According to the odds, Vukic is the favourite to win the game, with a 69% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Carballes Baena 31% chance to win the match.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.
How good is Carballes Baen on hard surface?
Carballes Baena has been among the top 50 players in the rankings but has a losing record on hard surface, which makes him the underdog in this match.
Vukic is currently ranked 50th in the world, two spots lower than his career high. The Australian is 47-30 for the season and 33-18 on hard surface.
Last week, he failed to qualify for the main draw in Beijing losing to Matteo Arnaldi in the second round after defeating Brandon Nakashima in the first.
Vukic won the Challenger in Busan this season and lost the finals in Atlanta, Oeiras and Seoul.
Roberto Carballes Baena
Carbaeles Baena is 61th in the rankings and he has ever been ranked higher than No. 49. The Spaniard is 26-25 for the season and 3-6 on hard surfaces.
He is coming to Shanghai after losing in the first round in Astana to Sho Shimabukuro 6-2, 6-4.
His best results this season were winning the Challenger in Sevilla at the beginning of September and in Marrakech in April. He also made it to the quarterfinals in Umag.
Aleksandar Vukic vs Roberto Carballes Baena head to head
This will be the first match between Aleksandar Vukic and Roberto Carballes Baena.
Key match details
- Venue: Center Court
- Date & time: Thursday, 5th of October, TBD
- Where to watch in UK: Amazon Prime
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!