UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
After an exciting first day at the 2023 Solheim Cup in Malaga, Spain, the action will resume Saturday morning at 2:10 a.m. ET with Emily Kristine Pedersen and local countrywoman Carlota Ciganda taking on World No. 2 Lilia Vu and Jennifer Kupcho.
Pedersen hit the second hole-in-one in the history of the Solheim Cup on Friday. It was a bright spot for the Europeans after the United States swept them 4-0 in the morning for the first time ever. Europe did manage to earn a few points and close the gap (5-3) thanks to two wins and two halves in the afternoon fourballs.
Emily Pedersen HOLE-IN-ONE on 12 at @TheSolheimCup! 🔥🇪🇺
— Golf Channel (@GolfChannel) September 22, 2023
Solheim Cup day two tee times and pairings
- 1 Solheim Cup day two tee times and pairings
- 2 Results and scoreboard ahead of day two
- 3 Rosters and history leading up to the event
The day two tee times are provided below, along with the day one scoreboard and an in-depth look into both team’s rosters.
Saturday morning foursomes
- 7.10am (BST) 2:10 a.m. (ET): Emily Kristine Pedersen & Carlota Ciganda (Europe) vs. Lilia Vu & Jennifer Kupcho
- 7.22am (BST) 2:22 a.m. (ET): Anna Nordqvist & Leona Maguire (Europe) vs. Lexi Thompson & Megan Khang
- 7.34am (BST) 2:34 a.m. (ET): Georgia Hall & Celine Boutier (Europe) vs. Nelly Korda & Allisen Corpuz
- 7.46am (BST) 2:46 a.m. (ET): Maja Stark & Linn Grant (Europe) vs. Danielle Kang & Andrea Lee
Saturday afternoon fourballs
- The tee times and pairings for afternoon fourballs will be posted when announced.
Players who aren’t participating on Saturday morning
- Europe: Charley Hull, Caroline Hedwall, Gemma Dryburgh and Madelene Sagstrom
- USA: Rose Zhang, Ally Ewing, Cheyenne Knight, Angel Yin
Results and scoreboard ahead of day two
The following scores are from Friday’s action.
Day one morning foursomes
|Stark/Grant||2 & 1||Thompson/Khang|
|Hull/Pedersen||5 & 4||Ewing/Knight|
Day one afternoon fourballs
|Ciganda/Grant||4 & 2||Yin/Ewing|
Rosters and history leading up to the event
Stacy Lewis (USA) and Suzann Pettersen (Europe) are the two team captains who selected the non-automatic qualifiers.
|Suzann Pettersen||Norway||42||Non-playing captain|
|Laura Davies||England||59||Non-playing assistant captain|
|Caroline Martens||Norway||36||Non-playing assistant captain|
|Anna Nordqvist||Sweden||36||Playing assistant captain|
|Emily Kristine Pedersen||Denmark||27||48||114||2||7||3–4–0||42.86%|
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!