UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The United States may have started the 2023 Solheim Cup with a 4-0 sweep in Friday morning’s foursomes, but Europe has battled back and evened the score at 8-8 heading into the final day, which will feature 12 Sunday singles matches.
After Saturday’s morning foursomes, the USA remained ahead 7-5 after each team won two points apiece. The afternoon four-ball contests were when Europe started its comeback.
The Europeans won the session 3-1 thanks to victories from Charley Hull/Leona Maguire, Madelene Sagström/Emily Pedersen and Carlota Ciganda/Linn Grant.
The Spaniard Ciganda, playing in her home country in the city of Malaga, won the final fourball with Grant 2&1 over Kang and world No. 2 Lilia Vu. Team Europe can claim a third-straight victory in the Solheim Cup with a triumph tomorrow.
The schedule for tomorrow, day two scoreboard, updated odds and team records are showcased throughout this piece.
Solheim Cup day 3 schedule: Sunday singles matches
- 5:10 a.m. – Megan Khang (USA) vs. Linn Grant (EUR)
- 5:22 a.m.– Rose Zhang (USA) vs. Leona Maguire (EUR)
- 5:34 a.m. – Danielle Kang (USA) vs. Charley Hull (EUR)
- 5:46 a.m. – Jennifer Kupcho (USA) vs. Anna Nordqvist (EUR)
- 5:58 a.m. – Andrea Lee (USA) vs. Georgia Hall (EUR)
- 6:10 a.m. – Cheyenne Knight (USA) vs. Gemma Dryburgh (EUR)
- 6:22 a.m. – Angel Yin (USA) vs. Celine Boutier (EUR)
- 6:34 a.m. – Ally Ewing (USA) vs. Caroline Hedwall (EUR)
- 6:46 a.m. – Lilia Vu (USA) vs. Madelene Sagstrom (EUR)
- 6:58 a.m. – Allisen Corpuz (USA) vs. Maja Stark (EUR)
- 7:10 a.m. – Nelly Korda (USA) vs. Carlota Ciganda (EUR)
- 7:12 a.m. – Lexi Thompson (USA) vs. Emily Pedersen (EUR)
Results and scoreboard ahead of day three
The scores below are from Saturday’s action.
|Pedersen/Ciganda||2 & 1||Vu/Kupcho|
|Boutier/Hall||5 & 3||Korda/Corpuz|
|Hull/Maguire||4 & 3||Korda/Ewing|
|Sagström/Pedersen||2 & 1||Zhang/Lee|
|Ciganda/Grant||2 & 1||Kang/Vu|
2023 Solheim Cup updated odds
- Europe to win: +110
- USA to win: +120
- The two teams to tie: +600
Team rosters and records leading up to the Solheim Cup
Stacy Lewis (USA) and Suzann Pettersen (Europe) are the captains who picked the non-automatic qualifiers.
|Suzann Pettersen||Norway||42||Non-playing captain|
|Laura Davies||England||59||Non-playing assistant captain|
|Caroline Martens||Norway||36||Non-playing assistant captain|
|Anna Nordqvist||Sweden||36||Playing assistant captain|
|Emily Kristine Pedersen||Denmark||27||48||114||2||7||3–4–0||42.86%|
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!