Formula One

F1 Hungarian GP Preview – Start Time, How to Watch & More

F1 makes its way to the Hungaroring for this weekend. Here is everything you need to know about the 2023 F1 Hungarian GP, including start times for the sessions and how to watch. While you are at it, check out the top F1 predictions and the best odds for the weekend.

F1 Hungarian GP Start time
Circuit atmosphere – Hungarian GP. 28.07.2022. Formula 1 World Championship, Rd 13, Hungarian Grand Prix, Budapest, Hungary, Preparation Day. –, EMail: [email protected] © Copyright: Moy / XPB Images – Photo by Icon sport

Hungarian GP Start Time and UK Schedule

Hungarian Grand Prix Date

The Hungarian GP will take place on Sunday, July 23rd.

Hungarian Grand Prix Start Time

The Hungarian GP is scheduled to start at 2:00 pm BST (1:00 pm GMT). The table below has the start time for all sessions.

Hungarian GP Schedule

Friday, July 21stStart Time (BST)
Free Practice 112:30 pm – 1:30 pm
Free Practice 25:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Saturday, July 22ndStart Time (BST)
Free Practice 311:30 am – 12:30 am
Qualifying3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Sunday, July 23rdStart Time (BST)
Race2:00 pm

How Can I Watch the Hungarian GP?

Viewers in the UK can watch the F1 Hungarian GP live on Sky Sports on TV, while NOW is also an option for streaming. For those in the US, ESPN will air the GP live on TV while also streaming it.

Television Channels

TV ChannelLocation
Sky Sports F1UK
Fox SportsAustralia

Streaming Services

Streaming ServiceLocation
TSN DirectCanada

About the Hungarian GP

Hungaroring first joined the F1 schedule in 1986. It was an immediate hit, drawing in a crowd of 200,000 viewers to set a new record. The mark stood until 1995, when the Australian Grand Prix in Adelaide surpassed it by 10,000 spectators.

Originally intended to be a street circuit, the Hungaroring was later changed to a permanent facility. But despite being a permanent circuit, the track is remarkably similar to a street circuit without guardrails – being often referred to as “Monaco without barriers”.

At only 4.381 km, Hungaroring is the fourth-shortest circuit in the schedule, behind Monaco, Interlagos and the Red Bull Ring. It also has the second-lowest speed average, behind Monaco.

Altitude and Weather

As is always the case in the Hungarian GP, weather could be a factor. Friday will be an extremely hot day, with temperatures in the 33-34°C range in FP1 and FP2. On Saturday, there is an 80% chance of rain and thunderstorms throughout the day. For Sunday, the forecast has a 20% chance of rain in the afternoon, with the temperature dropping slightly, to 27°C.

Hungarian GP Stats

Here are the key stats to know about the Hungarian GP:

Last Hungarian Grand Prix2022
Circuit length4.381 km
Number of laps70
Race distance306.630 km
Lap recordLewis Hamilton, 2020 (1:16.627)

Most Wins (Drivers)

DriversNumber of Wins
Lewis Hamilton8
Michael Schumacher4
Nelson Piquet, Ayrton Senna, Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve, Mika Hakkinen, Jenson Button, Sebastian Vettel2
Nigel Mansell, Thierry Boutsen, Rubens Barrichello, Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen, Heikki Kovalainen, Mark Webber, Daniel Ricciardo, Esteban Ocon, Max Verstappen1

Most Wins (Constructors)

ConstructorsNumber of Wins
Williams, Ferrari7
Red Bull3
Benetton, Renault, Honda, Alpine1

Hungary Offers More Than Just Racing

Aquarena, Hungary’s most famous aquatic park, is located just minutes away from the Hungaroring. Mogyorod’s economy is driven by tourism, and Aquarena, along with the Hungaroring, is one of the primary reasons.

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!