UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
A place in the second round of the Japan Open is up for grabs as Yoshihito Nishioka and Marcos Giron draw swords on Monday. Which of these players will reign supreme when it’s all said and done?
Yoshihito Nishioka vs Marcos Giron – match predictions
- 1 Yoshihito Nishioka vs Marcos Giron – match predictions
- 2 Can Giron level the head-to-head between these players?
- 3 Key match details
As both players contend with each other for a round of 16 spot, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Marcos Giron to win a set @ 1/2 (1.50)
We would like to point out that Yoshihito Nishioka and Marcos Giron will be meeting for the fourth time today, and Giron has been the underdog every time these players clashed. In spite of this however, the American player took at least one set in his last three encounters with Nishioka. As a matter of fact, Giron won the most recent encounter between these players.
It’s also worth mentioning that Nishioka suffered three straight sets losses in his last five matches; he surrendered at least one set in all of those five matches. Considering Giron took at least one set in five of his last six matches, we don’t think he’ll go down in straight sets.
Over 22.5 total games @ 19/20 (1.95)
Next, let’s explore the over/under games market. We’ve already established that these players met three times in the past. Interestingly, both players took at least one set in all three encounters, and those clashes went above the projected total. That said, we expect this to be another three-setter, and we are confident that this match will feature at least 23 games.
Yoshihito Nishioka vs Marcos Giron odds
At 8/13 (1.62), Yoshihito Nishioka is the favourite to win this match with a 61.9 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Marcos Giron a 38.1 percent chance to win this match.
Can Giron level the head-to-head between these players?
Now that we’ve sorted out our Yoshihito Nishioka vs Marcos Giron predictions, let’s see how these players fared in the weeks leading up to this competition.
Things have not gone swimmingly for Yoshihito Nishioka in recent weeks; he has as many wins as he has losses in his last six matches. The Japanese player will set his sights on a second round spot, and he’ll fancy his chances against Marcos Giron.
Unlike today’s opponent, Marcos Giron had to go through the qualifying rounds, where he met Kaichi Uchida and Yasutaka Uchiyama, defeating both players in straight sets. Giron will face his third consecutive Japanese opponent today; it’ll be interesting to see how he’ll match-up against Nishioka.
Nishioka vs Giron head to head
This will be the fourth encounter between these players. As it stands, Yoshihito Nishioka leads the head-to-head, having won two of three previous skirmishes between these two. Interestingly, Marcos Giron came out on top the last time these players squared off against each other.
Key match details
- Venue: Coliseum.
- Time and date: Monday 16th October, not before 10:00 BST.
- Bookies’ favourite: Yoshihito Nishioka.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!