UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
A place in the quarter-final of the Wimbledon Championships is up for grabs as Victoria Azarenka and Elina Svitolina lock horns on Sunday. Which of these players will come out on top when it’s all said and done?
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Victoria Azarenka vs Elina Svitolina – Match Predictions
- 1 Victoria Azarenka vs Elina Svitolina – Match Predictions
- 2 Victoria Azarenka vs Elina Svitolina Preview
- 3 Victoria Azarenka vs Elina Svitolina Match Details
As Elina Svitolina sets her sights on her first victory over Victoria Azarenka, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Victoria Azarenka to Emerge Victorious
To be fair, Elina Svitolina has been on an impressive run since she came back on tour; she has 12 wins in her last 14 matches, winning one title in that stretch. However, the Ukrainian player tends to fall short whenever she goes up against Victoria Azarenka. We would like to point out that these players have met on five occasions, and Azarenka won all five clashes, surrendering just two sets in the process. Bearing that in mind, we believe the former World number 1 will maintain her perfect record against Svitolina today.
At Least 21 Total Games
We’ve already established that Elina Svitolina lost all of her previous skirmishes with Azarenka. However, she has been on an impressive run here at Wimbledon, defeating Venus Williams, Elise Mertens and Sofia Kenin in the first three rounds. Given how well the Ukrainian has been playing lately, we believe she’ll cause all sorts of troubles for Azarenka today. That said, this match will likely go all the way to three sets, but we’re fairly confident that it’ll go over 20.5 games.
Victoria Azarenka vs Elina Svitolina Preview
We’ve established our Victoria Azarenka vs Elina Svitolina predictions. Let’s see how these players have fared in this tournament.
Victoria Azarenka is coming off a straight sets victory over World number 10 Daria Kasatkina; she defeated Nadia Podoroska and Yue Yuan in the first two rounds. The Belarusian player will face a familiar foe in Elina Svitolina today; she’ll look to keep her 100 percent record against the Ukrainian intact after this match.
This has not been an easy draw for Elina Svitolina; she has had to have Venus Williams, Elise Mertens and Sofia Kenin in the first three rounds. Interestingly, Svitolina will face another former grand slam champion today, her third in four rounds. It’ll be interesting to see how she matches up against Azarenka.
Victoria Azarenka vs Elina Svitolina Head to Head
Victoria Azarenka and Elina Svitolina have met on five occasions, and those meetings weren’t particularly pleasant for Svitolina. The Ukrainian player is 0 for 5 against Azarenka; she managed to win just two sets in their five previous clashes. Interestingly, this will be the first meeting between these players on grass courts.
- 21/02/22 Azarenka won 2-0 (Australian Open, Outdoor Hard)
- 04/03/21 Azarenka won 2-0 (Doha Open, Outdoor Hard)
- 14/05/19 Azarenka won 2-1 (Italian Open, Clay)
- 11/08/15 Azarenka won 2-0 (Rogers Cup, Outdoor Hard)
- 25/02/15 Azarenka won 2-1 (Doha Open, Outdoor Hard)
Victoria Azarenka vs Elina Svitolina Match Details
- Who won the last time these players met? Victoria Azarenka came out on top in the most recent encounter between these players.
- On which surface will this match be played? The Azarenka vs Svitolina match takes place on grass.
- Who do the bookies favour ahead of this match? Victoria Azarenka is slightly favoured over Elina Svitolina.
- Can I watch Wimbledon 2023 in the UK? Of course. This match will be available on BBC and Eurosport UK for fans in the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!