UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Japan Open serves up a tantalizing semifinal clash between two Russian tennis stalwarts, Veronika Kudermetova and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. With a history of closely contested matches and impressive recent form, this encounter promises to be a showcase of skill, determination, and national pride.
Our favourite Veronika Kudermetova vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova – match predictions
- 1 Our favourite Veronika Kudermetova vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova – match predictions
- 2 Veronika Kudermetova vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova specific headline
- 3 Key match details
After four successive defeats, Kudermetova finally got the better of Iga Swiatek. On the other hand, Pavlyuchenkova got the better of compatriot Ekaterina Alexandrova in straight sets to book her fifth meeting with Veronika.
Veronika Kudermetova to win @ 77/100 (1.77)
With little to separate them, this semifinal clash adds a new chapter to Kudermetova and Pavlyuchenkova’s rivalry after a gap of two and a half years. While the former enjoys a top-20 ranking, the latter has broken into the top 100 after quite some time. Their H2H record stands at 2-2 and after defeating Swiatek in the quarter-finals, we believe it will be Kudermetova who will be tilting that statistic in her favour.
Under 21.5 Games @ 9/10 (1.90)
Pavlyuchenkova enters this meeting after a 20-game victory over Alexandrova. Kudermetova had to drag her feet against world number 2 Swiatek across 26 games. Their last meeting in Dubai 2021 saw 21 games and we are anticipating more of the same in this encounter. This clash will be fierce but the gaping holes in Pavlyuchenkova’s playing style will be exploited by Kudermetova, who should finish the match in Under 21.5 games.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.
Veronika Kudermetova vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova specific headline
Our predictions for this match have now been established, let’s see how these players have fared so far this season for the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Veronika Kudermetova preview
Kudermetova defied the odds by defeating Iga Swiatek, marking her 15th career top-10 win and her second against a top-2 player this season. She arrives in the semifinals after successfully defending her semifinal run from the previous year in Tokyo, showcasing her ability to thrive under pressure.
Prior to her standout performance at the Japan Open, Kudermetova had faced semifinal hurdles in nine tournaments since mid-2022. Her impressive run includes notable victories and a determination to reach new heights in her career, a testament to her recent form.
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova preview
Pavlyuchenkova’s history with Tokyo dates back 15 years, with notable achievements and memories in the city. She is bound to make more memories here, reaching her first WTA semifinal since her runner-up finish at the 2021 Roland-Garros.
Her recent victory over compatriot Alexandrova in the quarterfinals showcased her ability to rally from challenging situations, and she aims to carry this momentum forward. Her return to the top 100 this year, after a challenging season in the previous year, underscores her determination to rebuild her ranking and compete at a high level.
Veronika Kudermetova vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova head to head
The head-to-head record between Kudermetova and Pavlyuchenkova stands at 2-2, characterized by closely contested matches with three-set scorelines in their first two encounters and straight-set defeats in the next two.
Key match details
- When will this match start? This match starts at 04:00 GMT on 30th.
- What is the prize money for Japan Open 2023? The total prize money for Japan Open 2023 is $780,637.
- How much will the Japan Open 2023 winner get? The ATP WTA Japan Open winner will get $3,000,000.
- Who is the top seed of the Japan Open? Carlos Alcaraz is the top seed at Japan Open 2023.
- Who is the top seed of the Japan Open? Iga Swiatek has the top billing at Japan Open 2023.
- Where is the match being played? The venue for this fixture is GuadalajaraTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
- Who is the reigning Japan Open champion? Carlos Alcaraz and Iga Swiatek are the reigning Japan Open champions.
- Where can you watch the Japan Open? Fans in the UK can tune into Sky Sports to catch Japan Open action. AGuadalajaratralian fans are also in luck with Channel 9 broadcasting action from FlGuadalajarahing Meadows for free.
- Who is the top seed of the Japan Open? Ons Jabeur has the top billing at Japan Open 2023.
- Where is the match being played? Panamerican Tennis Center will host the Japan Open 2023.
- Who is the reigning Japan Open champion? Jessica Pegula is the reigning Japan Open champion.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!