UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
An interesting fixture is on the cards as Ugo Humbert and Andrey Rublev draw swords on Friday afternoon. Which of these players will come out on top at the end of this match?
Ugo Humbert vs Andrey Rublev – match predictions
- 1 Ugo Humbert vs Andrey Rublev – match predictions
- 2 Which of these players will advance to the semi-final?
- 3 Key match details
As these players battle it out for a place in the Shanghai Masters semi-final, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Ugo Humbert to win a set @ 7/10 (1.70)
Although Ugo Humbert is the overwhelming underdog in today’s match, we’ve been impressed by his performances in this competition. The French player earned his place in the quarter-final, defeating players like Stefanos Tsitsipas, Botic Van De Zandschulp and J J Wolf.
Granted, Andrey Rublev will prove to be a formidable opponent. However, it’s worth mentioning that Humbert won the most recent encounter between these players; he also won two of their last three clashes. For this reason, we believe the French player will not go down in straight sets.
Over 21.5 total games @ 4/7 (1.57)
The over/under games line for this match is set at 21.5, which may seem a little high. However, it’s important to point out that most of the previous clashes between these players went above this threshold. As a matter of fact, three of the last four skirmishes between Ugo Humbert and Andrey Rublev featured at least 23 games.
In the same vein, Ugo Humbert has been involved in a lot of three-setters lately; as six of his last seven singles matches ended in maximum sets, comfortably going over 21.5 games. All things considered, we are taking the over option here.
Ugo Humbert vs Andrey Rublev odds
At 2/5 (1.40), Andrey Rublev is the favourite to win this match with a 71.4 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Ugo Humbert a 28.6 percent chance to win this match.
Which of these players will advance to the semi-final?
Now that we’ve sorted out our predictions for this Shanghai Masters match, let’s see how these players fared in the previous rounds of this competition.
Ugo Humbert has put up a solid run of results in recent weeks. He has five wins in his last six singles matches; a six-match stretch where he faced players like Daniil Medvedev, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Lorenzo Sonego and Andrey Rublev. The French player will take on Rublev once more as he sets his sights on a semi-final spot.
On the other hand, Andrey Rublev cruised through the first three rounds, dispatching Tommy Paul, Adrian Mannarino and Quentin Halys in straight sets. Interestingly, the last time Rublev lost a match was at the hands of Ugo Humbert at the China Open last month; it’ll be interesting to see if he can defeat his third French opponent in this tournament.
Humbert vs Rublev head to head
This will be the sixth encounter between these teams. Ugo Humbert and Andrey Rublev squared off against each other five times in the past, and the Russian player leads the head-to-head between these players with three wins. However, it was Ugo Humbert who came out on top the last time these players clashed.
Key match details
- Venue: Stadium Court.
- Time and date: Friday 13th October, not before 13:00 BST.
- Bookies’ favourite: Andrey Rublev.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!