Tommy Paul vs Daniel Altmaier prediction and odds: Japan Open 2023

Tommy Paul vs Daniel Altmaier prediction and odds: Japan Open 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Tommy Paul is pushing hard to reach the top 10 in the ATP rankings and this is the Japan Open that can get him close to that goal. He starts against Daniel Altmaier in the first round. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Tommy Paul vs Daniel Altmaier predictions

Tommy Paul has underachieved in the previous two weeks in Asia. He moves on to Tokyo now hoping to play his best tennis in recent weeks.

Tommy Paul 2-0 @ 4/5 (1.80)

Paul is having a solid season reaching the highest ranking of his career, and the American does not plan to stop any time soon. He starts his journey in Tokyo against Daniel Altmaier who had a couple of big wins this season, but the fact remains that the German has a losing record on a hard surface. Paul will take control of the match early on and win in straight sets at the end.

First set over 9.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

Neither of the players relies on serving which will make this match pretty interesting. Altmaier is not fond of playing in hard surface but is a great fighter and will have a chance to make things difficult for Paul to a certain extent. Paul will showcase the quality gap between the two as the match progresses but Altmaier will manage to take the opening set over 9.5 games in total.

Tommy Paul vs Daniel Altmaier odds

According to the odds, Paul is the favourite to win the game, with a 75% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Altmaier 25% chance to win the match.

When was the last time Tommy Paul won a title?

Tommy Paul has won only one ATP title so far in his career. In 2021, he won the trophy in Stockholm. He also has won 8 lower level tournaments but none of those came after the title in Stockholm.

Tommy Paul

Paul is currently enjoying the highest ranking in his career being No. 12 in the world. The American is 42-16 for the season and 27-12 on hard surface.

He reached the round of 16 last week in Shanghai losing to Andrey Rublev 7-5, 7-5. Previously, he defeated Arthur Fils and Sebastian Ofner.

Paul’s best results this season were the semifinal at the Australian Open and Acapulco, Aix-en Provance and Eastbourne.

Daniel Altmaier

Altmaier is also having the best ranking in his career being No. 47 in the world. The German is 31-28 for the season and 8-12 on hard surface.

Altmaier is coming off a 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 loss in the opening match in Shanghai. The previous week, he also lost in the first round, this time 6-3, 6-1 to Lloyd Harris.

Altmaier’s best result this season was the title at the Challenger in Sarasota where he defeated Daniel Elahi Galan.

Paul vs Altmaier head to head

This will be the first match between Tommy Paul vs Daniel Altmaier.

Tommy Paul vs Daniel Altmaier
Photo: Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Coloseum Arena
  • Date & time: Monday, 16th of October, 11:30 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!