Sebastian Korda vs Daniil Medvedev prediction and odds – Shanghai Masters 2023

All eyes will be on Stadium Court as Sebastian Korda and Daniil Medvedev draw swords on Sunday. Which of these players will come out on top when it’s all said and done?

Sebastian Korda vs Daniil Medvedev
Sebastian Korda (USA) during his third round match at the 2023 Australian Open at Melbourne Park in Melbourne, AUSTRALIA, on January 20, 2023. Photo by Corinne Dubreuil/ABACAPRESS.COM – Photo by Icon sport

Sebastian Korda vs Daniil Medvedev match predictions

With both players eyeing a round of 16 spot, these are our predictions and tips for this match

Sebastian Korda to win a set @ 13/10 (2.30)

We would like to point out that Daniil Medvedev reached the final of the last two tournaments he participated in; he has 11 wins in his last 13 matches, with four of his last five victories coming in straight sets. Bearing that in mind, it’s no surprise that the former World number 1 is the clear favourite to win this match. However, it may interest you to know that Sebastian Korda defeated Medvedev in straight sets the last time these players met; he took at least one set in his previous clashes with the Russian. On that note, we don’t think Korda will go down in straight sets.

Over 20.5 total games @ 3/4 (1.75)

The over/under games line is currently set at 20.5, which is fair in our opinion. It’s worth mentioning that Sebastian Korda has been involved in a few three-setters lately; as three of his last four singles matches ended in maximum sets. Moreover, five of the American player’s last six matches featured at least 21 games; and for this reason, we are taking the over option here.

Sebastian Korda vs Daniil Medvedev odds

At 1/5 (1.20), Daniil Medvedev is the favourite to win this match with an 83.3 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Sebastian Korda a 16.7 percent chance to win this match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Will Medvedev avenge his Australian Open loss today?

Now that our Sebastian Korda vs Daniil Medvedev predictions are out of the way, let’s see how these players fared in the previous round of this competition.

Sebastian Korda

Sebastian Korda kicked off his Shanghai Rolex Masters campaign with a straight sets victory over wild card Bu Yunchaokete. He had previously reached the final of the Astana Open, losing in straight sets to Adrian Mannarino. The American will set his sights on a round of 16 spot as he squares off against Daniil Medvedev this weekend.

Daniil Medvedev

On the other hand, Daniil Medvedev took on Cristian Garin in the previous round, defeating the Chilean in straight sets. That was his 11th victory in 13 matches. The former World number 1 lost to today’s opponent in straight sets at the Australian Open earlier this year; he’ll look to avenge that disappointing loss today.

Sebastian Korda vs Daniil Medvedev head to head

This will be the third encounter between Sebastian Korda and Daniil Medvedev. Interestingly, the head-to-head between these players is currently tied at one win apiece.

Key match details

Sebastian Korda
Photo by Icon Sport
  • Venue: Stadium Court.
  • Time and date: Sunday 8th October, not before 06:50 BST.
  • Bookies’ favourite: Daniil Medvedev.

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!