Sebastian Baez vs J.J. Wolf prediction and odds: Stockholm Open 2023

Sebastian Baez vs J.J. Wolf
Photo by Icon sport

J.J. Wolf had a solid week in Shanghai and he seems ready to be one of the contenders to go deep in Tokyo as well. The American will go against Sebastian Baez in the opening round. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Sebastian Baez vs J.J. Wolf predictions

J.J. Wolf is considered the favourite in this match even though Baez is ranked much higher.

Sebastian Baez +3.5 @ 4/5 (1.80)

It is pretty unusual to see a lower-ranked player to be a major favourite against a higher-ranked one, but the surface here makes a difference. Wolf serves much better than Baez but that does not mean that the Argentinian has nothing to offer. Baez moves excellent on any court and even though his serve does not give him the advantage it usually goes with it, Baez will be competitive in this match and manage to cover the +3.5 games spread.

First set over 9.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

This is a match between players with completely different playing styles and the match can easily go either way. They will take some time to adapt on the court and see what the opponent will bring on the table so the opening set will start with both of them holding the serve which will lead the set to over 9.5 games in total.

Sebastian Baez vs J.J. Wolf odds

According to the odds, Wolf is the favourite to win the game, with a 69% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Baez 31% chance to win the match.

Who is the next opponent for the winner of this match?

The winner of this match will play either Laslo Djere or Leo Borg in the second round in Stockholm.

Sebastian Baez

Baez is 29th in the rankings, two spots lower than his career high. The Argentinian is 35-24 for the season and 9-7 on hard surface.

Last week in Shanghai, Baez made it to the second round where he lost to Jannik Sinner 3-6, 6-3, 6-2. Previously, he went past Dane Sweeney.

Baez won three titles this season. He beat Jiri Lehcka in the final in Winston Salem, after defeating former world No.3 Dominic Thiem in Kitzbuhel, the week before. His first title of the year came in Cordoba where he defeated Francisco Coria in the final.

J.J. Wolf

Wolf is 51st in the rankings while his career high is No. 39. The American is 28-23 for the season and 16-13 on hard surface.

Wolf is coming off a solid week in Shanghai where he reached the round of 16. After beating Cameron Norrie and Matteo Arnaldi in the decisive tie breaks, he failed to Ugo Humbert 6-2, 6-1.

Wolf’s best results this season are the semifinals in Atlanta and Dallas. He also made it to the quarterfinals in Houston, Eastbourne and Washington.

Baez vs Wolf head to head

This will be the first match between Sebastian Baez vs J.J. Wolf.

Sebastian Baez vs J.J. Wolf
Photo: Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center Court
  • Date & time: Monday, 16th of October, 09:00 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!