UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Queen’s Club Championships kicked off in London this week, this is one of the oldest tennis tournaments in the World. It may interest you to know that there are only two ATP 500 events on grass this year, and both took place this week. This tournament serves as a warm-up ahead of the Wimbledon Championships. Keeping that in mind, out of 32 players who made it through to the main draw, there are just two players left. Who will emerge victorious when it’s all said and done?
2023 Queen’s Club Championships Predictions – Outright Winner
Alex de Minaur’s Queen’s Club Championships campaign started against an in-form Andy Murray. Although the most successful player in the history of this competition was on a 15 match winning streak at the time, he succumbed to de Minaur in straight sets. Interestingly, the Australian player has surrendered just one set en route to the final; he is coming off a straight sets victory over Holger Rune, who had not dropped any sets prior to Saturday’s semi-final.
On the other hand, Carlos Alcaraz had a slow start to his grass court campaign, as he lost the first set of his opening match against lucky loser and World number 83 Arthur Rinderknech. However, the Spaniard had to claw his way back into the match, emerging victorious in straight sets. Alcaraz hasn’t looked back since then; he is coming into this match on the back of an eight sets winning streak, beating players like Grigor Dimitrov and Sebastian Korda in the process.
It’s important to point out that Carlos Alcaraz reigned supreme the only other time these players went toe-to-toe with each other. Although Alex de Minaur will likely cause all sorts of problems for the former World number 1 today, we believe that Alcaraz will win his first career grass court title today.
Carlos Alcaraz and Alex de Minaur will meet for the second time today. These players previously clashed at the Barcelona Open on clay courts last year; and although Alex de Minaur took the first set, it was Carlos Alcaraz who ultimately came out on top in three sets.
Carlos Alcaraz – The Journey So Far
- Semi-final vs Sebastian Korda – won 2-0
- Quarter-final vs Grigor Dimitrov – won 2-0
- Round of 16 vs Jiri Lehecka – won 2-0
- Round of 32 vs Arthur Rinderknech – won 2-1
Alex de Minaur – The Journey So Far
- Semi-final vs Holger Rune – won 2-0
- Quarter-final vs Adrian Mannarino – won 2-1
- Round of 16 vs Diego Schwartzman – won 2-0
- Round of 32 vs Andy Murray – won 2-0
Frequently Asked Questions About the 2023 Queen’s Club Championships
- How many seeded players are there in this tournament? There are eight seeded players in the Queen’s Club Championships.
- Who is the pre-tournament favourite to win the Cinch Championship this year? Carlos Alcaraz is favoured over every other player in this competition.
- Who won the Queen’s Club Championships last year? Matteo Berrettini is the defending champion of this tournament.
- How much will the winner of the Cinch Championships get? Whoever wins this competition will get €477,795, as well as 500 ATP ranking points.
- Is it possible to watch the Queen’s Club Championships live in the UK? Yes, you can catch this tournament live on Amazon Prime and BBC TV if you live in the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!