Linda Fruhvirtova vs Peyton Stearns prediction and odds: Hong Kong Open 2023

Linda Fruhvirtova vs Peyton Stearns prediction and odds: Hong Kong Open 2023
Photo: Danielle Parhizkaran-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA - Photo by Icon sport

Tow rising stars of the WTA circuit will face each other in the opening round of the Hong Kong Open. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Linda Fruhvirtova vs Peyton Stearns predictions

Peyton Stearns is the new big hope of American tennis and despite being only 22-years-old, she is the more experienced one in the clash against Linda Fruhvirtova.

Peyton Stearns to win @ 11/20 (1.55)

Steanrs is having a breakout season and she possesses everything she needs to get to the top 10 on the WTA tour. The American has a winning record on hard which is not the case with the Czech teenager. Recently, Fruhvirtova had 9 consecutive losses and even though she picked up her form in the last couple of weeks, she is not on the level of Stearns.

Under 22.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

It is not easy to predict how a match between youngsters like Fruhvirtova and Stearns will go but judged on the quality and current form, Stearns will take care of business quickly in this one. The American has a better serve and a stronger forehand which will be too much for Fruhvirtova to stay long in this match.

Linda Fruhvirtova vs Peyton Stearns odds

According to the odds, Stearns is the favourite to win the game, with a 60% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Fruhvirtova 40% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Who is next in line for the winner of this match?

The winner of this match will face the winner between Valeria Savunyk and a qualifier in the second round.

Linda Fruhvirtova

Fruhvirtova is 88th in the WTA rankings, and her career high is No 49. The 18-year-old is 19-27 for the season and 11-16 on hard surface.

Last week, Fruhvirtova lost to Maria Sakkari in the second round in Beijing 6-4, 6-2. In the opening round, she defeated Arantxa Rus 6-0, 6-3.

Her best result of the season came a week before, when she reached the semifinals in Ningbo losing to Diana Shnaider 6-4, 6-1. Fruhvirtova also made it to the quarterfinal in Bormingham.

Peyton Stearns

Stearns is 48th in the world, five spots lower than her career high. She is 44-20 for the season and 19-11 on hard surface.

The American went through the qualifiers in Beijing last week to lose in the opening round of the main draw to Jennifer Brady 6-4, 6-2.

Steanrs made a lot of noise at the US Open, reaching the round of 16. After defeating Viktorya Tomova, Clara Tauson and Katie Boulter, she lost to the Wimbledon champion Marketa Vondrousova 6-7, 6-3, 6-2.

Stearns won two challengers this season in Orlando and Rome and lost three other finals, in Naples, Bogota and Chalreston.

Fruhvirtova vs Stearns head to head

This will be the first match between Linda Fruhvirtova and Peyton Stearns.

Linda Fruhvirtova vs Peyton Stearns
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!