UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
A place in the Citi Open is up for grabs as Leylah Annie Fernandez and Katie Boulter lock horns in the second qualifying round. Which of these players will advance to the main tournament?
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Leylah Fernandez vs Katie Boulter – Match Predictions
As both players go toe-to-toe with each other, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Katie Boulter to Win
It’s important to point out that Leylah Annie Fernandez has been inconsistent these past few months; she has as many wins as she has losses in her last 10 singles matches. By comparison, Katie Boulter has fared relatively better than her Canadian opponent lately; she won the Nottingham Open title last month, and has 11 wins in her last 15 matches. Taking into account that Boulter won the only other encounter between these players, we believe she’ll come out on top at the end of this match.
At Least 21 Total Games
Next, let’s take a look at the over/under games market. It may interest you to know that Leylah Annie Fernandez has been involved in a lot of three-setters recently; as five of her last eight matches ended in maximum sets. That said, six of those matches featured at least 21 games. On the other hand, although only one of Katie Boulter’s last six matches ended in three sets, five of those matches went above the 20.5 games mark. For this reason, we are taking the over option for this match.
Leylah Fernandez vs Katie Boulter Preview
We’ve established our Leylah Fernandez vs Katie Boulter predictions, let’s see how these players have fared in recent weeks.
Leylah Annie Fernandez squared off against Varvara Gracheva in the previous qualifying round, defeating the French player in straight sets. She has struggled to find her best form in recent months, having lost five of her last 10 singles matches. It’ll be interesting to see how the Canadian will match-up against Katie Boulter.
On the other hand, Katie Boulter met Elizabeth Mandlik yesterday, cruising through a straight sets victory. The 26 year old has enjoyed a fairly decent run of form recently, as she won the Nottingham Open title last month. Boulter will set her sights on a place in the Citi Open main draw as she takes on Leylah Fernandez, and she’ll fancy her chances against the former US Open finalist.
Leylah Fernandez vs Katie Boulter Head to Head
This will be the second encounter between these players. Leylah Annie Fernandez clashed with Katie Boulter at the qualifying rounds of the Montreal Open five years ago, and the Brit came out on top in three sets.
Leylah Fernandez vs Katie Boulter Match Details
- Will the loser of the Leylah Fernandez vs Katie Boulter match get any WTA ranking points? Players who lose in the second qualifying round will get $6830, as well as 1 WTA ranking point. On the other hand, whoever wins this match will secure a place in the main tournament.
- When will this match start? The Fernandez vs Boulter match is scheduled for Sunday July 30, not before 16:15 BST.
- Is it possible for both players to advance to the main draw? Of course. It’s entirely possible for the loser of this match to still qualify for the main tournament as a lucky loser.
- On which surface will the Fernandez vs Boulter match be played? This match takes place on an outdoor hard court.
- Who won the last time these players met? Katie Boulter won in three sets the last time these players met five years ago.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!