UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Sparks will fly as Lesia Tsurenko and Donna Vekic go toe-to-toe with each other on Wednesday. Which of these players will be left standing at the end of this match?
Lesia Tsurenko vs Donna Vekic – match predictions
- 1 Lesia Tsurenko vs Donna Vekic – match predictions
- 2 Which of these players will advance to the quarter-final?
- 3 Key match details
As Tsurenko and Vekic contend with each other for a place in the quarter-final, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Lesia Tsurenko to win @ 1/1 (2.00)
It’s worth mentioning that Donna Vekic is the bookies’ favourite to win this match. However, the Croatian player’s recent form does inspire too much confidence. As a matter of fact, Vekic suffered four losses in her last five singles matches, and three of those losses came in straight sets. This is in contrast with Lesia Tsurenko, who is coming into this match on the back of three consecutive victories. Moreover, these players last met at the Indian Wells Open on this surface, and it was Lesia Tsurenko who came out on top. For this reason, we are backing the Ukrainian player to emerge victorious at the end of this match.
Two total sets @ 1/2 (1.50)
We’ve established that Lesia Tsurenko has won three matches in a row. Interestingly, she didn’t surrender a single set in that three-match stretch. The Ukrainian player has been involved in her fair share of two-setters, with four of her last five matches ending in minimum sets. Taking into account that Donna Vekic’s last three matches ended in two sets, we believe that this will be a two-setter.
Lesia Tsurenko vs Donna Vekic odds
At 8/11 (1.73), Donna Vekic is the favourite to win this match with a 57.9 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Lesia Tsurenko a 42.1 percent chance to win this match.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.
Which of these players will advance to the quarter-final?
Now that we’ve gotten our Lesia Tsurenko vs Donna Vekic predictions out of the way, let’s see how these players fared in the previous rounds of this competition.
Being an unseeded player, Lesia Tsurenko needed to go through the qualifying rounds in order to reach the main draw. She faced Ulrikke Eikeri and Moyuka Uchijima in qualies, defeating both in straight sets. Including her round 1 victory over Diana Shnaider, Tsurenko has now won three in a row, all in straight sets. Can she extend that winning run at the end of this match?
Unlike today’s opponent, number 10 seed Donna Vekic didn’t have to participate in the qualifying rounds. She defeated Nao Hibino in round 1 a couple of days ago, surrendering just six games. It’s worth mentioning that Vekic had lost four singles matches in a row before that victory. It’ll be interesting to see how she’ll match-up against Lesia Tsurenko.
Tsurenko vs Vekic head to head
This will be the third encounter between Lesia Tsurenko and Donna Vekic. These players previously squared off against each other on two occasions, and the head-to-head is currently tied at one win apiece.
Key match details
- Venue: Center Court.
- Time and date: Wednesday 11th October, not before 12:45 BST.
- Bookies’ favourite: Donna Vekic.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!