UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
All eyes will be on Center Court as Katerina Siniakova and Leylah Annie Fernandez draw swords on Saturday. Which of these players advance to the final of the Jiangxi Open?
Katerina Siniakova vs Leylah Fernandez – match predictions
- 1 Katerina Siniakova vs Leylah Fernandez – match predictions
- 2 Which of these players will advance to the final?
- 3 Key match details
As Katerina Siniakova and Leylah Annie Fernandez square off against each other for the third time, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Leylah Annie Fernandez to win @ 8/15 (1.53)
It may interest you to know that Leylah Annie Fernandez and Katerina Siniakova met just six days ago, at the Hong Kong Open final. Even though Siniakova took the first set, her Canadian opponent ultimately won in three sets.
As it stands, Fernandez has two wins in as many clashes with Katerina Siniakova; she is coming into this match on the back of eight consecutive wins, with six of those coming in straight sets. While we have no doubt that Siniakova will give everything she has to win this match, we are leaning towards Leylah Annie Fernandez for the victory.
Under 21.5 total games @ 4/5 (1.80)
We would like to point out that both players have been involved in a lot of two-setters lately. Four of Katerina Siniakova’s last five singles matches ended in two sets, five of Leylah Fernandez’s last six matches too.
Keeping that in mind, most of both players’ recent matches went below the 21.5 games line. Three of Siniakova’s last four matches featured less than 22 games, five of Fernandez’s last six matches too. All things considered, we are taking the under option for this match.
Katerina Siniakova vs Leylah Annie Fernandez odds
At 8/15 (1.53), Leylah Annie Fernandez is the favourite to win this match with a 65.2 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Katerina Siniakova a 34.8 percent chance to win this match.
Which of these players will advance to the final?
Now that we’ve sorted out our Katerina Siniakova vs Leylah Fernandez predictions, let’s see how these players fared en route to the semi-finals.
Katerina Siniakova has put up a solid run of results recently; he has six wins in her last seven matches, with five of those coming in straight sets. The Czech player’s only loss in that stretch came at the hands of today’s opponent. It’ll be interesting to see if she can avenge that loss today.
Leylah Annie Fernandez
On the other hand, Leylah Annie Fernandez is setting her sights on a second consecutive WTA singles title. The Canadian reigned supreme at the Hong Kong Open last week, defeating none other than Siniakova in the final. As it stands, the former US Open finalist has won eight matches in a row, and she’ll be eyeing her ninth straight victory today.
Siniakova vs Fernandez head to head
This will be the third encounter between these players. Leylah Annie Fernandez currently leads the head-to-head, having won their last two encounters. Interestingly, Siniakova and Fernandez clashed just six days ago, and the Canadian player came out on top in three sets.
Key match details
- Venue: Center Court.
- Time and date: Saturday 21st October, not before 10:00 BST.
- Bookies’ favourite: Leylah Annie Fernandez.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!