Jessica Pegula vs Yue Yuan prediction and odds: Korea Open 2023

Jessica Pegula vs Yue Yuan prediction and odds: Korea Open 2023
Photo by Icon sport

The top seed at the Korea Open, Jessica Pegula will take on Yue Yuan in the final of the Korea Open. The world No. 4 needed a comeback victory to get here, but is a major favourite in this match. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Jessica Pegula vs Yue Yuan predictions

Jessica Pegula has the top of the rankings on her sight and winning this tournament will bring her closer to the ultimate goal. She could asked for a better chance than going against Yue Yuan who is not even in the top 100 in the rankings.

Jessica Pegula -5.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

Pegula lost the opening set in the quarterfinal match and needed a comeback to go through. She picked up the pace in the semifinals and will do the same in the final as well. Pegula is a major favourite going into this match just like she was for the semifinals. This time around, Pegula will leave no chance to her opponent and win this by covering a -5.5 games spread.

First set over 8.5 games @ 3/5 (1.60)

Yue Yuan is having a solid week in Seoul and has a unique opportunity to win her first-ever WTA title. She will need to make a huge upset to do so, which is really unlikely, but the Chinese will be competitive enough to stay long in the opening set and take it over 8.5 games in total.

Jessica Pegula vs Yue Yuan odds

According to the odds, Pegula is the favourite to win the game, with a 89.3% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Yuan 10.7% chance to win the match.

How many titles Pegula has won so far?

The American has won three WTA titles so fat in her career. She won the first one back in 2019 in Washington. She waited three years for the second one which came in Guadalajara in 2022 and she also won this year in Montreal.

Jessica Pegula

Pegula is currently fourth in the WTA rankings, one spot lower than her career high. The American is 54-17 for the season and 38-11 on hard surface.

She is coming off a 6-4, 6-3 win over Yanicka Wickermayer in the semifinals. Before that, Pegula defeated Claire Liu, Ashlyn Krueger and Viktoria Hruncakova.

Pegula won the title in Montreal this season and also made it to the finals at the US Open and the tournaments in Tokyo and Doha.

Yue Yuan

Yuan is currently 128th in the WTA rankings and her career high is No. 74. The Chinese is 29-26 for the season and 13-14 on hard surface.

Yuan is coming off a 6-7, 6-4, 6-2 win over Emina Bektas in the semifinals. Previously, she defeated Marie Bouzkova, Kaja Juvan and Arianne Hart.

Yuan’s best result this season came Mexico City where she lost in the final to Berfu Cnegiz. She also made the semifinal in Stanford.

Pegula vs Yuan head to head

Pegula won the only previous match against. It was the third round of the 2022 US Open where the American won 6-2, 6-7, 6-0.

Jessica Pegula vs Yue Yuan
Photo by Icon Sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!