UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The top seed at the Korea Open, Jessica Pegula will take on Claire Liu for a place in the semifinals of the tournament. Both players had no problems getting this far but it is clear that the world No. 4 is a major favourite in this one. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Our favourite Jessica Pegula vs Claire Liu predictions
- 1 Our favourite Jessica Pegula vs Claire Liu predictions
- 2 Can someone stop Pegula on her way to the title in Seoul?
- 3 Key match details
Jessica Pegula has the top of the rankings on her sight but winning only one title this season is preventing her from being closer to the goal.
Claire Liu +6.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)
There is a huge gap between the two players which is evident with the given spread. Pegula is much better but the 23-year-old Liu is showing talent that may take her much higher in the rankings. She has been playing well in recent weeks and seems ready for the challenge that comes with this quarterfinal match. There is no doubt that Pegula will be the one to set the tone in this match but Liu should be able to stay close enough to cover the +6.5 games spread.
Jessica Pegula to win from behind @ 9/1 (10.00)
Pegula is a major favourite in this match and given the odds, any other score then her straight-set win, would be an upset. Still, even the best players have tough days and this may be the one for Pegula. Liu has nothing to lose here and her only option is to go full speed from the first point. Looking at the odds, the option for Liu to get the opening set and Pegula to come back and win seems like a good deal to try.
Jessica Pegula vs Claire Liu odds
According to the odds, Pegula is the favourite to win the game, with a 93.5% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Liu 6.5% chance to win the match.
Can someone stop Pegula on her way to the title in Seoul?
Pegula is the top seed at the Korea Open and going into the quarterfinals, the highest ranked player left besides her is Marie Bouzkovsa who is ranked 29th in the world. Given that, this is a tournament that Pegula has to win and get closer to the top three players in the world.
Pegula is currently fourth in the WTA rankings, one spot lower than her career high. The American is 52-17 for the season and 36-11 on hard surface.
She is coming off a 6-3, 6-1 win over Ashlyn Krueger in the round of 16 match.
Pegula won the title in Montreal this season and also made it to the finals at the US Open and the tournaments in Tokyo and Doha.
Liu is 98th in the world and she has never been higher than the 52nd place. The American is 26-27 for the season and 18-17 on hard surface.
She went through in the round of 16 match after Arantxa Rus retired in the third set.
Liu’s best result this season was the final in Chicago.
Pegula vs Liu head to head
This will be the first match between Pegula and Liu.
Key match details
- Venue: Stadium 1
- Date & time: Friday, 13th of October, 05:30 GMT
- Where to watch in UK: Amazon Prime
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!