UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
All eyes will be on the Eastbourne International’s Center Court as Jelena Ostapenko and Camila Giorgi go head-to-head on Thursday. It’ll be interesting to see which of these players will be left standing at the end of this match.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Jelena Ostapenko vs Camila Giorgi – Match Predictions
- 1 Jelena Ostapenko vs Camila Giorgi – Match Predictions
- 2 Jelena Ostapenko vs Camila Giorgi Preview
- 3 Jelena Ostapenko vs Camila Giorgi Match Details
As Jelena Ostapenko and Camila Giorgi battle for a place in the Eastbourne International semi-finals, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Jelena Ostapenko to Win in Straight Sets
We would like to point out that Jelena Ostapenko and Camila Giorgi went up against each other at this tournament last year, and it was the Latvian player who came out on top in straight sets. As a matter of fact, the last two skirmishes between these players were on grass, and Ostapenko won both in minimum sets. It’s also worth mentioning that the former French Open champion has enjoyed some fine form lately; as she is coming into this match on the back of seven consecutive victories. Considering Ostapenko has also won her last seven consecutive sets, we believe she’ll take this in straight sets.
Under 22.5 Total Games
We’ve already established that Jelena Ostapenko is currently on a seven-match and seven sets winning streak; it’s also fair to point out that she has played two matches at this tournament, and both went under 20 games. Furthermore, when these players met at this event last year, Camila Giorgi managed to win a total of four games. Taking everything into account, we are taking the under 22.5 games option.
Jelena Ostapenko vs Camila Giorgi Preview
We’ve sorted out our Jelena Ostapenko vs Camila Giorgi predictions. Let’s see how these players have fared so far.
Jelena Ostapenko is having perhaps her best run of the year at the moment; she has won seven matches in a row, with 11 victories in her last 12 matches across singles and doubles. The former Roland Garros champion currently has a 100 percent record on grass this year; she’ll look to keep that record intact by winning this match.
On the other hand, Camila Giorgi followed up her straight sets victory over Heather Watson with an even more impressive straight sets win over fourth seeded Ons Jabeur. The Italian player will have a tricky task ahead of her, as she takes on an in-form Jelena Ostapenko. It’ll be interesting to see how she matches up against the Latvian.
Jelena Ostapenko vs Camila Giorgi Head to Head
In three previous encounters between these players, Jelena Ostapenko leads the head-to-head with two wins. It may interest you to know that these players met at this tournament last year, and Ostapenko came out on top in straight sets.
- 20/06/22 Ostapenko won 2-0 (Eastbourne International, Grass)
- 07/07/17 Ostapenko won 2-0 (Wimbledon, Grass)
- 09/05/16 Giorgi won 2-0 (Katowice Open, Indoor Hard)
Jelena Ostapenko vs Camila Giorgi Match Details
- When will this match start? This match is scheduled for Thursday 29th June, not before 16:00 BST.
- On which court will this match be played? The Ostapenko vs Giorgi match takes place at the Eastbourne International’s Center Court.
- Who do the bookies favour ahead of this match? Jelena Ostapenko is favoured over her Italian opponent.
- Is it possible to watch the Eastbourne International 2023 in the UK? Of Course. This match will be available on Amazon Prime and BBC TV for fans in the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!