J J Wolf vs Jiri Lehecka prediction and odds – Vienna Open 2023

A place in the second round of the Vienna Open is up for grabs as J J Wolf and Jiri Lehecka square off against each other on Monday. Which of these players will be left standing when it’s all said and done?

Jiri Lehecka
Photo by Icon Sport

J J Wolf vs Jiri Lehecka – match predictions

As these players go head to head for the first time in their respective careers, these are our predictions and tips for this match

J J Wolf to win @ 8/11 (1.73)

We would like to point out that the past few weeks have not been very pleasant for Jiri Lehecka; he has lost four matches in a row across singles and doubles, winning just one set in the process. Although J J Wolf has had his fair share of struggles, he has fared relatively better than today’s opponent. The American player reached the round of 16 of the Shanghai Masters a couple of weeks ago; he has four wins in his last six matches. Taking everything into account, we are leaning towards Wolf for the victory.

2 total sets @ 4/7 (1.57)

Next, let’s explore the ‘total sets’ market. It may interest you to know that these players have both been involved in a lot of two-setters in recent months. On one hand, Jeffery John Wolf’s last three singles matches ended in minimum sets. Likewise, eight of Jiri Lehecka’s last nine singles matches in best-of-three tournaments ended in two sets. For this reason, we are fairly confident that whoever wins this match will do so in straight sets.

J J Wolf vs Jiri Lehecka odds

At 8/11 (1.73), J J Wolf is the favourite to win this match with a 57.9 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Jiri Lehecka a 42.1 percent chance to win this match.

Can Lehecka snap his losing streak today?

Now that we’ve sorted out our J J Wolf vs Jiri Lehecka predictions, let’s see how these players fared in the weeks leading up to this tournament.

Jeffrey John Wolf

J J Wolf’s Stockholm Open campaign ended in the second round at the hands of Laslo Djere; as he fell to the Serb in straight sets. The American player has had a fairly decent run of results lately, winning four of his last six matches. Wolf will be eyeing a second round spot, and he’ll fancy his chances against a struggling Jiri Lehecka.

Jiri Lehecka

On the other hand, things have not gone swimmingly for Jiri Lehecka; as he has lost three singles matches in a row. The Czech player crashed out in the first round of the Stockholm Open in straight sets last week; he’ll hope to get back to winning ways as he faces J J Wolf on Monday.

Wolf vs Lehecka head to head

This will be the first encounter between these players; which isn’t much of a surprise considering Jiri Lehecka played the ATP Next Gen Finals just last year, and hasn’t been on tour for very long.

Key match details

J J Wolf
Photo by Icon Sport
  • Venue: Center Court.
  • Time and date: Monday 23rd October, by 13:00 BST.
  • Bookies’ favourite: J J Wolf.

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!