UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Iga Swiatek is the main favourite to win the WTA Finals. She will start her journey against the defending Wimbledon champion Marketa Vondrousova. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Our favourite Iga Swiatek vs Marketa Vondrousova predictions
- 1 Our favourite Iga Swiatek vs Marketa Vondrousova predictions
- 2 Can Swiatek get back on top of the rankings?
- 3 Key match details
Swiatek has been very pretty dominant this season and is a major favourite in the match against Vondrousova.
Iga Swiatek 2-0 @ 7/10 (1.70)
Looking back at the previous matches between the two players, Vondrousova never managed to win a set over the former world No. 1. Swiatek is having a great season, but she has failed from the top of the rankings and is extra motivated to get back where she belongs. Vondrousova already lost her first match at the WTA Finals, and Swiatek will cut her dreams short with a straight sets win.
First set over 9.5 games @ 11/20 (1.55)
Vondrousova has nothing to lose in this match since she is facing one of the best players in the world. The player from the Czech Republic will try to hold on in the match against the favourite and that will be enough to take the opening set over 9.5 games in total.
Iga Swiatek vs Marketa Vondrousova odds
According to the odds, Swiatek is the favourite to win the game, with a 82% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Vondrousova 18% chance to win the match.
Can Swiatek get back on top of the rankings?
Swaitek looked untouchable on top of the WTA rankings as she made it to the top 10 players ever in number of weeks being world no. 1. She is right behind Aryna Sabalenka at the moment and winning the WTA Finals may be just enough to return to the top.
Iga Swiatek is currently second in the WTA rankings. The 22-year-old is 63-11 for the season and 37-8 on hard surface.
She is coming off winning the title in Beijing after a final victory over Ludmila Samsonova 6-2, 6-2. That was the fifth title this season for Swiatek as she also got the trophy at the French Open and the tournaments in Warsaw, Stuttgart and Doha.
Vonrdousova is having the best ranking in her career being No. 6 in the world. The 24-year-old is 40-14 for the season and 19-9 on hard surface.
In the first match of the WTA Finals, Vonrdousova lost 1-6, 6-4, 6-4 to Anhelina Kalinina.
Her best result of the season and the career is general, is winning Wimbledon this season. She also made it to the semifinal in Linz and the quarterfinals at the US Open, Cincinnati and Berlin.
Swiatek vs Vondrousova head to head
Swiatek won all three previous matches against Vonrdousova without dropping a single set. They played in the quarterfinals in Cincinnati this summer where the score was 7-6, 6-1. In the opening round of the 2020 French Open, the Polish player won 6-1, 6-2. Their first match took place the same year at the Tipsport Elite Trophy where Swiatek won 7-6, 6-0.
Key match details
- Venue: Center court
- Date & time: Monday, 30th of October, 22:00
- Where to watch in UK: Amazon Prime
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!