UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Gael Monfils is back in action for the first time since the Laver Cup. He will round up against an opponent he has never lost to, but still the match in Stockholm will be a huge challenge. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Our favourite Gael Monfils vs Marton Fucsovics predictions
- 1 Our favourite Gael Monfils vs Marton Fucsovics predictions
- 2 Is Monfils still a top-class player?
- 3 Key match details
Gael Monfils is way past his prime, but given the odds, he is still considered a slight favourite against Marton Fucsovics.
Marton Fucsovics to win @ 2/1 (2.00)
Both Monfils and Fucsovics are among the most energetic players on the tour, and this match will definitely be fun to watch. Monfils had a couple of great wins in the second part of the season, and he is considered a legitimate competitor in Stockholm. Still, Fucsovics is playing excellent and runs much better than the Frenchman. Fucsovics will be the one to hit the extra shot every time he needs, and Monfils will not find a way to respond.
Over 22.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)
Both Monfils and Fucsovics are great competitors even though the Frenchman put more fun into it. They have solid serves and are experienced enough to hold their service games. Monfils barely plays in two sets and this will probably go in the decisive set and over 22.5 games in total.
Gael Monfils vs Marton Fucsovics odds
According to the odds, Monfils is the favourite to win the game, with a 55% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Fucsovics 45% chance to win the match.
Is Monfils still a top-class player?
Monfils is 37 years old and will probably never get back among the top 100 players in the rankings. He is not capable of performing well throughout an entire tournament but he can put on a show in every single match, and with his “nothing to lose” attitude, may be a difficult opponent for everyone.
The former world No. 6 is currently 140th in the rankings. Monfils is 10-13 for the season and 8-8 on hard surface.
He reached the second round of the US Open where he lost to Andrey Rublev after defeating Taro Daniel in the opener. His last match was the loss against Felix Auger-Aliassime at the Laver Cup.
Mofils’ best result this season was the quarterfinal in Toronto where he lost to Jannik Sinner.
Fucsovics is 52nd in the rankings while his career high is world No. 31. The Hungarian is 31-22 for the season and 17-11 on hard surface.
He is coming off a third round loss to Francisco Cerundolo in Shanghai, after defeating Felix Auger-Aliassime and Denis Yevseyev.
Fucsovics’ best result this season is the title at the Canberra Challenger and the semifinal in Stuttgart.
Monfils vs Fucsovics head to head
Monfils won both of the previous matches against Fucsovics. In the opening round in Dubai in 2020, the Frenchman won 6-4, 7-5 and the previous year in the second round in Madrid, he won 1-6, 6-4, 6-2.
Key match details
- Venue: Center Court
- Date & time: Wednesday, 18th of October, TBD
- Where to watch in UK: Amazon Prime
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!